Apply to participate in Butte County CTE’s Culinary Academy!
This 30-hour, two-week program prepares students to get an entry level job in the culinary industry. Students will gain experience in a commercial kitchen, helping them build the job skills necessary for working in both the Front of House and Back of House environments.
In addition, students will gain instruction in the information needed to pass the California Food Handler’s test and gain their Food Handler’s card.
- Students must be age 18 or older
- Applications accepted at the Butte County CTE office
- Program fee is due before you begin class
Find out more online at https://cte.bcoe.org/culinary.html
Program Fee: $450 (includes registration, materials, exam fee)
- Most class days are held at Italian Guy’s Catering: 25 Bellarmine Court, Chico, CA 95928
- Final day of class will be held at Butte County CTE: 2491 Carmichael Drive, Suite 200, Chico
- Class is two weeks in length (30 hours)
- Week One: Monday-Thursday, 8:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Week Two: Monday-Thursday, 8:30am to 12:30 pm
- Food Handler’s test is given the final Thursday of class at Butte County CTE