The Wildcat Weekly
Science Open House Success
Our first Science Open House was a BIG success! Parents and students were greeted by Patrice and the students that participated in the Inventor's Fair at Oaks. This helped to fill the school lobby with multiple interactive experiences for our visitors. Thanks Patrice! As you saw, the halls and common areas were filled with interesting 5th and 6th grade student research projects. Thanks Lauren, Patty, Kristin, and Nev for encouraging your students to participate in the event and for all the work that went into meeting deadlines and reviewing projects. Thank you also to the grade levels who created hallway displays that depicted our initiative to integrate STEAM opportunities school wide. The switch to this new format needs to be credited to Kellie, Lori, and Heidi who analyzed the science research competition formats of the other elementary schools in our district to develop OUR first science open house. This was a true TEAM effort! Both parents and students were very complimentary of the event. WELL DONE!
Reminders - BUSY WEEK AHEAD!
- NO formal Team Meetings this week!
- Monday (Day 4) - Task Force Meetings
- Tuesday (Day 5) - ELA Planning for Kindergarten, 2nd and 5th grades.
- Wednesday (Day 1) - WFSG for K-2 on Text Complexity in Joanna's room.
- Wednesday - ELA Planning for 3rd and 6th grades.
- Thursday (Day 2) - IEP Day.
- Friday (Day 3) - WFSG for 3-6 on PSSA Math Blueprint in Faye's room.
- Professional Goal meetings and SLO check-ins continue.
- The PTO is also looking to incorporate the former staff raffle into the Basket Raffle. If you would like to offer something, please e-mail Amy Lignelli at firstname.lastname@example.org .
2/10 - PTO Meeting @ 7 PM
2/11 - Valentines Day celebrations
2/11 - 6th Grade Parent Meeting @ OJR Middle School @ 7 PM
2/12 - No School for Students
2/15 - Holiday
2/19 - PTO Leap Year Luau @ 7 PM (snow date 2/26)
3/4 - PTO Basket Raffle @ 5:30 PM