December 18, 2015
Have a wonderful final week with your kiddos and ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAY!!!! Here's to 2016!!
Office Staff Location Schedule
TK-2 Staff Meeting - Wednesday, Dec. 16 - 1:15 - Room 12
Progress Reports/Report Cards - Grades Due Wednesday, Dec. 16
Please have grades in by Wednesday evening so we can begin the printing process on Thursday and hopefully troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
Letters of Intent - Due Friday, Dec. 18
Winter Performance - TK-5 - Dec. 18 - 11:00 - 3-8 Campus
ICEF Vista Holiday Party - 26 Beach Restaurant
Thursday, Dec. 17th, 4:30-6:30pm
3100 Washington Boulevard
Please RSVP here if you plan to attend:
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Coming Up This Week...
- Happy Birthday Mr. Raul!
- Mrs. Contreras Out
- 8:30 - TK-2 Student of Month
- 10:30 - IEP - D. Harris (Bennett)
- 1:45 - YPI Check-In
- Mrs. Contreras Out
- 7:30 - SSC Meeting - Special Session
- Happy Birthday Ms. Jundef!
- 12:30 - Fire Drill - 3rd-8th
- 3:15 - 6th Grade Check-In
- 9:30 - Mrs. Fennema Out - SBG/Report Card Meeting
- 1:15 - Tk-2 Staff Meeting - Yard Supervision/Winter Show Details - Room 12
- 1:00 - 7th Grade Fundraiser
- 4:00 - ICEF-Wide Staff Party - Killer Shrimp, Marina Del Rey
- 11:30 - Mrs. Buczek and Mrs. Pope Out - Home Office
- 2:30 - Tea with Principal
- 4:30 - ICEF Vista Holiday Party
- 11:00 - Winter Show (3-8 Campus)
- Early Dismissal - MS (12:30 Dismissal Schedule)
Buczek's Tentative Schedule
Trait of the Month - Curiosity
- It makes your mind active instead of passive
Curious people always ask questions and search for answers in their minds. Their minds are always active.
- It makes your mind observant of new ideas
When you are curious about something, your mind expects and anticipates new ideas related to it.
- It opens up new worlds and possibilities
By being curious you will be able to see new worlds and possibilities which are normally not visible.
- It brings excitement into your life
There are always new things that attract their attention. Instead of being bored, curious people have an adventurous life.
Here is a link to the google doc:
Instructional Focus - Collaboration
We are still looking for extra help on the yard (major shout-out to those of you who have already volunteered!) A few reminders for when you're on watch:
- Be super VISIBLE (walk around, stay standing, avoid being hidden by students coming to speak to you)
- Be super VIGILANT (really look around, walk over to groups of students that are huddled in the far corners of the yard, walk past the bathrooms several times, and please no cell phone use during supervision).
Links to Important Forms
This one is super important for helping us keeping track of which students have detention on which days. Please submit every time you assign detention.
May be completed online or by paper (see the pink referral forms in your hardcopy VIP binders) but please be sure to submit either one when a student is referred to the office.
To request help from our Tech Guru Mr. Jesus Villareal!
To request help from our Maintenance Guru Mr. Bernard!
To request the convening of a Student Success Team to support a student with sustained difficulties in the area of behavior, academics, attendance, and/or physical/mental health despite documented targeted interventions such as tutoring, parent contact, etc.
504 Referral - coming soon! (Speak directly to Mrs. Pope or Mrs. Fennema in the meantime)