Canvas 4 Braves
Community ISD uses Canvas as its Learning Management System. Canvas allows students to interact during classes, actively engage in assignments, take quizzes, collaborate with peers, communicate with teachers, and more.
How will students log into Canvas?
- PK-Students will not use Canvas, and SeesawSeesaw will be their Digital Learning platform.
K-2 Classroom Chromebooks
- K-2 Students will use the Clever QR codes (teacher provided) to log into their classroom Chromebook.
- Chromebooks will automatically open in the Canvas dashboard, where the Canvas Attendance course will be.
- K-1 Students will use Canvas as a button-based resource hub, and Seesaw will be their Digital Learning platform.
- 2nd Grade students will use Canvas in a simplified way. Students in this grade will be encouraged to start using email and password to access resources.
3-12 Grade - 1:1 Chromebook
- Students will log into their Chromebooks with their school email and password.
- Email is formed by the first three letters of the first name + the first three letters of the last name + month of birth @cisdbraves.org.
- For example, Sara Jones was born in November. Her email is: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Canvas can be accessed by clicking on the Community ISD bookmarks folder or the Google waffle.
Student tutorial resources
The Canvas Guides online provide a lot of great examples and helpful documents about how to use Canvas as a student.
Watch the Video Tutorials for Students to know how to use Canvas
- Rich Content Editor
- Assignment Submissions - All assignments will be found in the Modules Tab
- Calendar Overview (Students)
- Canvas Student App
How do I set up a Canvas account for parents?
Where do I get my child’s Pairing Code?
Have your child log in to their Canvas account and follow the steps listed in the link below to generate a pairing code for you.
Canvas resources for families
FAQ's for parents
CANVAS PARENT APP
If your student has problems login into Canvas, you can contact Community ISD Tech Help Desk by emailing email@example.com or by calling (972) 843-6401 during office hours.
Note: If you are using the Canvas Student app, please review the following Canvas Student Guides for additional support:
- How do I get help with the Student app on my iOS device?
- How do I get help with the Student app on my Android device?