Hi Duck Parents,
February is here! The year is flying by so quickly. The Fruit of the Spirit we will be focusing on this month is Love. We will also learn about the color pink and the heart shape. We will continue to learn letters/sounds using the ZooPhonics program, shapes and colors, and counting. Other things we practice daily are: listening, following directions, sharing, taking turns, and communicating.
Parent/Teacher Conferences are coming up next month.We will be spending time in February preparing for these conferences by doing some age-appropriate assessments with each child one-on-one.
With February being a month where we talk a lot about love, we will be doing activities focusing on emotions (Kindness and Generosity, and what being a good friend looks like).
February Themes and Activities
- Shape of the month: Heart
- Color of the month: Pink
- Books: God Knows My Name, Designed by God, Little Elephants Big Heart
- Songs: Jesus Loves Me, Jump Into the Light, Fixin’ My Eyes on You
- Arts and Crafts: heart paint stamping, heart squishing, color mixing
- Sensory and Table Activities: rice and hearts, heart puzzles
- Books: Dr. Seuss The Lorax
- Arts and Crafts: straw blowing painting, golf ball painting, paper strip American flag, hand print flag, coin rubbing
- Sensory and Table Activities: Lorax tree matching and color pages, counting presidents, penny science experiment, water beads
“The Story For Little Ones”
Week 1 – God’s House
Week 2 – Set Apart to Honor God
Week 3 – The Power of God
Week 4 – Jesus The Teacher
- We will have Valentine’s Day parties on Tuesday, February 13th and Wednesday, February 14th. More details, along with a party sign-up sheet will be coming soon.
- Waterstone Preschool will be closed: Monday, February 19th (Presidents’ Day) and Tuesday, February 20th (Teacher In-Service Day).
School Wide News
Registration for 2018/2019
Registration is in full swing! We are so excited to see so many of you returning for the next school year. Open enrollment begins on Monday February 5th, when a new family registers and lists you as their referrer, you will receive a gift card to show our appreciation. Stop by the Preschool counter and pick-up an information card to share with friends and family.
Night of the Arts
Night of the Arts was a huge success! The children’s art pieces were beautiful. We raised $380 to benefit Night Lights. It was well attended with approximately 200 people stopping in to enjoy the sights, sounds and activities. Thank you to everyone who participated in the event!
Health Status/Immunization Forms
Don’t forget that many of your children will have Health Status and Immunizations forms that expire during the school year. When they expire we are required by the State of Colorado to replace them with updated ones. When your child has a well check during the school year please have a new form filled out and signed by your doctor, and return it to the preschool office as soon as possible. You can access the health status and immunization forms on our preschool website, we can email you one, click here, or you can get a paper copy from us anytime. If it is easier, you can have your doctor fax the forms back to us at 303.593.4561, Attn: Lisa. If you have already been notified about expired forms, please submit current forms as soon as possible so we can be compliant with licensing. If you have any questions about your child’s Health Status and Immunization forms please feel free to stop by and ask or email Anne at email@example.com. Thanks for your help with this!
The Preschool is changing the way we place Scholastic Book orders. All orders will now be placed online. Follow the instructions below to view an online catalog and order. There will be a few hard copies of flyers at the Preschool counter for you to take home or look at. Reading is fundamental to success in school and Scholastic Books are a wonderful way to boost your home library. Ordering books helps our program be able to purchase more books to use at school. To order:
- SIGN UP at scholastic.com/readingclub
- ENTER the Class Activation Code N2HJR
- CHOOSE from thousands of print titles, value packs and Storia eBooks
- SUBMIT the order by the due date listed on the website. Your order will be sent to the church and we will deliver them to your child's classroom.
If you need an order placed earlier then the due date listed, please let us know.
February Fruit of the Spirit: Love
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
-Galatians 5:22-23 (NIV)
Mark Your Calendars!
Open Enrollment for the 2018/2019 School Year
NO SCHOOL-Presidents' Day
NO SCHOOL-Teacher In-Service Day