Hi Duck Parents,
As amazing as it may seem, there are only six and a half weeks of school left. We have seen all of the children grow and blossom; they each have such special and unique personalities. It was a pleasure to have the opportunity to sit down with all of you for parent/teacher conferences. We hope we were able to answer any questions about your child that you had and that it was a rewarding experience for you.
Spring Time in the Duck Class
Themes and Activities for April
Shape of the month: Diamond
Color of the month: White
Spring Weather (wind and rain)
- Books: Little Cloud, Hello Spring , What Makes a Rainbow, Spring Surprises
- Songs: I’m a Little Umbrella, Amazing Rain, Rain Rain Go Away
- Arts and Crafts: Raindrop painting, diamond kite, shaving cream rainbows
- Sensory and Table Activities: water with droppers, wind experiments, fruit loop rainbows
We are celebrating Earth day (which is on April 22nd) to learn about what we can do to help the Earth and keep it clean.
- Books: The Earth Book, How a Seed Grows
- Songs: We recycle, There is a Planet We Call Home, From Seed to Plant
- Arts and Crafts: coffee Filter earth craft, flower and food science experiment, stained glass earth sun catchers
- Sensory and Table Activities: nature walk and scavenger hunt, sorting trash vs. recycling, bean tub, plant puzzle sequence
- Books: The Big Egg, Chickens Aren’t the Only Ones, Chicken Little, What’s Hatching
- Arts and Crafts: collage birds, build a nest
- Sensory and Table Activities: bird seed, eggs, chicks
Bugs! Bugs! Bugs!
We are going to have a ladybug or butterfly habitat in our classroom that the children can observe. We’ll be releasing them outside when they are ready!
- Books: The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Guess Who Changes, The Very Grouchy Ladybug
- Songs: If I Were a Butterfly, What Am I, Five Little Ladybugs, Metamorphosis
- Arts and Crafts: bug stampers, spots on the ladybug, paint a caterpillar, caterpillar names gluing, bug rubbings
- Sensory and Table Activities: bugs in the grass, ladybug counting, bug life cycles sequencing, bug color sorting, bug matching game, worms and mud
School Wide News
Scholastic Book Fair Re-Cap
Thank you so much for your support of our first annual Scholastic Book Fair! It was so fun to see children and parents so excited about books and reading together. Thanks to your support we raised a little over $800 in Scholastic Dollars that will come back to the school in the form of new books and classroom materials offered by Scholastic. We will be able to add some much needed new books that align with our curriculum themes to the school’s main library shared by all of the classrooms, and each individual classroom will be able to revamp their reading center with fun new titles. Thank you!
Waterstone Preschool Summer Camp
Waterstone’s STORYBOOK SUMMER programming is coming soon! Online registration begins Monday, April 9th. Click here for full details and registration instructions.
- Class pictures will be for sale in the next few weeks. Watch your child’s check-in area to see a proof of your child’s class picture, an order sheet and payment envelope. Pictures are $10 each. The final prints will be delivered before the last day of school. It is a great way to remember your child’s friends from the school year.
- Individual pictures: It’s not too late to order your child’s individual school portrait. The galleries will be taken off of the website on May 15th. Please follow the directions below:
- Click here to access the site. Or go to: http://laurasmithphotography.pixieset.com.
- The galleries are in alphabetical order by last name. Once you find your child you can access their gallery by using your child's name as the password (first letter capitalized). If you have more than one child in the program, their photos will be together in the same gallery and the password will be your youngest child's name. If you have any questions, please email Laura, at email@example.com.
Field Day/End of Year Celebration – May 14th and 15th
What better way to celebrate the end of a great school year than with an afternoon of fun games and activities! Please join your child at 12pm on the last day they attend, either Monday, May 14th or Tuesday, May 15th. As usual, students will need to pack a lunch. Each class will eat around 11:30am in their classrooms. Then, parents can join the events from 12:00-1:30pm. We hope you will join our celebration!
February Fruit of the Spirit: Peace
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
-Galatians 5:22-23 (NIV)
Mark Your Calendars!
Storybook Summer Registration Begins
April 16 – May 1
Order Class Photos
Last Day of School and Last Day to Order Individual Photos