August 22, 2019
ALL SCHOOL NEWS
Mark Your Calendars
Tonight - THURSDAY, AUGUST 22ND: Info Meeting and Dinner for those considering helping/Coaching our Flag Football teams. Come on out to find out more. We'll feed you at 6:30 and have a short meeting at 7pm to explain about this awesome program.
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 2ND: Labor Day Holiday
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 6TH: Dress Down Begins
FRIDAY September 13th: Kick off of The House Football League! 7:00 pm
MONDAY-THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 9TH-12TH: Senior Retreat
All Ages - Be a Part of the CrossPointe Friday Night House Football League!!
Encourage your kids to sign up. We need elementary, middle, high school, boys, girls, and.....we need people over 30 to play on each team!!! Let's have some good ol' CrossPointe fun together for 4 Friday nights this fall. The house that wins will have dress down for a week, earn yearly house points and have bragging rights as the inaugural winner of the HFL!!! For more info or to express interest in participating, email firstname.lastname@example.org and put Flag Football in the subject line.
Electronic Uniform Order- BY September 6th
Click this link to place your order:
Speed Limits and Elementary Carpool Procedures
We will give out hangars for carpool signs this week. Please be sure and hang your carpool sign. This is the easiest way for us to clearly identify which child to have ready for carpool.
PrimeTime Before and After Care
Elementary students must be picked up by 3:15 or will be sent to PrimeTime. Students being picked up by a High School sibling must be picked up from PrimeTime and the fee will be waived as long as they are picked up by 3:15 on T/Th and by 3:25 on M/W/F.
PrimeTime fees are charged for services before 7:45 a.m. and beginning at 3:15 p.m. daily* except for the exception mentioned above.
A small simple snack is available to students in PrimeTime after 3:45. This will usually consist of pretzels or crackers. If your child needs a larger or different snack, please make arrangements to send this in with your child.
When You Pray
"When we work, we work. When we pray, God works." ~James Hudson Taylor
Please include these requests when you pray:
* Blessings and favor on all CCA students to grow in wisdom, excellence, and character
* Health and blessings on all CCA families and staff for the year
* For God to move in the hearts and lives of our Seniors during Retreat. For Him to guide them in their futures to fulfill His purpose in their lives.
* Elementary building plans to be approved by fire marshal, site plan completion and ground breaking (we want to be in this new building no later than next school year!) Let's pray for favor in bidding/construction costs and excellence in structure. The bible says to ask and so we are asking. The more we can save on this project, the more we will have for future buildings!
It is a blessing when we share one another's burdens. To submit a prayer request please click this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PrayerRequests
The Chick-fil-a Friday athletic department fundraiser begins in September. The order form was sent by email from Kacie Hoard on 8/12/19. It can also be found on ParentsWeb Resource Documents.
Each menu item will be served with chips, dipping sauces, and a bottled water.
- You MUST complete a separate form for EACH student/faculty member. You may make ONE payment for your family. I would recommend placing forms and payment in a sealed envelope.
- Payments MUST be attached to the order form (Check or Cash ONLY). Make Checks payable to: CCA Boosters. We will NOT be accepting any electronic payments.
- Place your order form in the black box (labeled Chic-fil-A) located in the lobby of the Middle High School or in the black box (labeled Chic-fil-A) in the Elementary building.
- Forms turned in without payment will NOT be accepted.
- Because this is a fundraiser, please understand there will be NO refunds or credits given if your child is absent.
The monthly order form for September will be DUE ON FRIDAY, AUGUST 30TH.
If you have any questions, please contact me at email@example.com.
If your student doesn't already have their own card, you can register them by clicking this link: https://gapines.org/eg/opac/register You will then follow up by visiting your selected library and picking it up. NOTE: Parents must go with them to pick up the card the first time. Also, remember cards are only active for 2 years so check and see if it is still valid.
CHAPERONING FOR FIELDTRIPS
Who's Ready for a Field Trip?
Did you know that you can go ahead and do all you need to do to chaperone on a CCA fieldtrip? That's right, you can:
- READ through the chaperone training PDF that is located on ParentsWeb Resource Documents
- take the simple online ASSESSMENT (literally takes only 3 minutes) https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ChaperoneTest19
- and FILL OUT your background check authorization!
- Then, all you'll need to do to be ready is TURN IN your background check authorization form and $10 to run the background check.
You'll be fully ready for any field trip for the 2019-2020 school year.
Areas of help needed in athletics:
Legion of Allstars in Griffin is giving us their mirrors for our field house!!We need someone to take them down and install them for us!
Baseball Coach (paid position)
- Track & Field Coach (paid position)
- Announcer for home soccer and football games
- Photography-sport games
- Journalism- write articles about our athletic events for our local papers
- must be at our games to jot down information
- Other (specify if you have a special talent or skill and would like to contribute to our programs)
If you or someone you know is talented and skilled in either of these areas please contact our athletic director, KellyGarrett @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Your support and time invested in our program is greatly appreciated!
Upcoming Sport Meetings
Informational Parent meetings:
Fishing> Thursday, August 15th in the MHS building 5:00-5:30
Archery> Monday, August 19th in the MHS building 5:00-5:30
Shotgun> Monday, August 19th in the MHS building 5:30-6:30
Upcoming Athletic Events
Friday, September 6th - CCA Co-ed Soccer vs FCA at CCA 5:00 pm $5 Admission
Tuesday, September 10th - CCA Co-ed Soccer vs Open Baptist at CCA 4:00 pm $5 Admission