by Mason Young
How Was Copper Discovered?
What Is It Used For?
Copper In Nature
Cool Facts About Copper
- The Statue of Liberty was made out of 179,000 lbs of copper
- the average car contains 50 lbs of copper
- the average home has 400 lbs of copper for electrical purposes, pipes, and appliances
- copper is everywhere whether it be televisions, radios, electrical wiring, plumbing, and washers/dryers
1. Crescent City Copper. (2011). Copper Blog. Retrieved December 19, 2014, from Crescent City Copper website: http://www.crescentcitycopper.com/copper-blog/15-fun-facts-about-copper
2. GTI. (2014). Bare Copper Wire. Retrieved December 19, 2014, from Paciflex Wires website: http://paciflexwires.com/product-list/bare-copper-wire
3. Jumk.de Webprojects. (2014). Elements Images Archives. Retrieved December 19, 2014, from Hi-Res Images of Chemical Elements website: http://images-of-elements.com/archives.php
4. Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility- Office of Science Education. (2014). The Element Copper. Retrieved December 19, 2014, from Jefferson Lab website: http://education.jlab.org/itselemental/ele029.html
5. Winter, M. (2012). Copper: The essentials. Retrieved December 18, 2014, from Web Elements website: http://www.webelements.com/copper/