In the LOOP vol. 7
Every Cloud has a Silver Lining
BOO-TIFUL STAFF SHOUT-OUTS!
Thank you MEAGEN GRANBERRY, MONICA HOUSE, SANDRA KEHR, VANESSA PRECIOUS, TRACEY WALTZ, & MARY JO PERKOVICH, BARB OZMINKOWSKI, LORI PAYTON, MARY BEAL, MELISSA MOORE & ADINA KANNER for splashing and dashing with our students and community,
Big Shout-out to KAYLA BRYNN/CRAFT for taking such good care of our 2nd grade students in the absence of Mrs. Ilacqua. Welcome Back Mrs. Ilacqua!
Thank you KARRIE MARTIN for taking the most beautiful photos at the Splash and Dash. You captured such poignant emotions.
Many more shout-outs coming next week!
Who would you like to recognize? Send me your Shout-outs to share!
November of 2015
2nd Art Adventures 5th grade - invitation only 9:30 - 10:30 in Art Room
2nd MHG PTA Meeting 7:00 - 8:00 PM
3rd No School for Students or Staff
4th Principal’s Meeting - Michelle @ ESC 1:00 - 3:00
5th Picture Day Make Up Day 9:00 - 3:00 PM
6th End of 1st Marking Period
6th Decorate Door Stoppers… enjoy great conversations & beverages 4:30 - 8:00
MESSAGES FROM MICHELLE
- Please NO Candy - Please refrain from giving students candy as prizes. I noticed students with suckers during dismissal. A treat for everyone once in a while is totally fine, but should be eaten in the classroom.
- PTSA Reflection Contest - LINK Please help advertise
- Daily Expectations - be on time to pick students up from lunch, recess & FAPES. Even one minute late is disruptive. Depending on your grade level; you walk should be walking students out to recess, or you meet them at the recess doors. Grades 3, 4, & 5 should arrive 2-3 minutes early in the cafeteria to assist with students. Grades K, 1 & 2 should be assisting their students in the lunch line. If you are running late, ask a colleague to help out and call the office. I totally understand things happen and willing to help out.
- BLOCK Time Change - 30 minutes inside & 30 minutes outside - please plan with your grade level teams and confirm with playground para-professionals
- Clothing Sale every other year - I will store items for you
- RED WINGS game on January 17th - Sunday before Martin Luther King Jr. Day. This is a PTA community event - more details coming soon
HOW WE DO BUSINESS AT GUEST - Innovation & development; progressive, enlightened, best practices, dynamic, pushing, bold, enterprising, ambitious, pioneering, modern, positive, reforming, radical
What are you passionate about? What commitments have you made? What do you look forward to every morning? What do you need to change?
PARENT-TEACHER CONFERENCES ONLINE SIGN-UP for PARENTS OPENED TODAY
See LOOP vol. 5 for all information and directionsADDITIONAL INFORMATION to REMEMBER:
- A PDF Document with directions is included in the body of the email.
- Art, P.E., Music, & Media Teachers will not use the online process. Instead, they will directly contact families.
- Mrs. Lane & Mrs. Culley's classroom, you will register under Mrs. Lane's name. The system does not allow both teachers to be listed
- ELL, Intervention, and Special Education staff will coordinate schedules with your child's teacher.
- Math Grade-skipped students will have to contact the teacher directly and then the teacher has to contact Davida to secure the time slot
PARENT-TEACHER CONFERENCES ONLINE REGISTRATION for STAFF
Before that time, please fill in the time slots for your ELL families (attached)
FOXBRIGHT STEPS 1 & 2 TO COMPLETE ALL GUEST STAFF MEMBERS
The new website is HERE. As stated before, we will take baby steps to complete what is necessary.
Send me the link(s) to your updated blog, website, Twitter handle, Weebly; whatever it is you are using... You may have more than one means of communication. I will have link(s) connected to your name on the staff directory on the new website.
STEP TWO: Due end of October:
Complete your profile. This GOOGLE Doc is helpful and then I will connect them to your name on the staff page.
SHARE WITH FAMILIES
Parenting Fair Information listed below
(REPEAT) Parent - Teacher Conferences - feel free to use the same message I am sending.
(REPEAT) PTA and School Website is packed with information to stay connected. New links for our website: http://wlcsd.org/schools/elementary/mary-helen-guest/
& shorter link: http://wlcsd.org/guest
Walled Lake Schools values our partnership with our families and believes a home-school connection is key to a child’s success. This year, we are continuing our partnership with our neighboring districts of Huron Valley, West Bloomfield, and Farmington. We are hosting the Western Oakland County Parenting Fair on Saturday, November 21, 2015 at Oakland Community College- Orchard Ridge Campus. We are thrilled that Kirk Martin, of Celebrate Calm, will be our keynote speaker.
The Parenting Fair’s purpose is to educate, inform, and provide resources for parents and caregivers. This year’s fair features two tracks: Pre K- 5 and 6-12. Topics include: emotional management, nutrition, working with ADHD, financial planning, parent advocacy, raising digital natives, etc.
Below are helpful links regarding the Parenting Fair!
We hope to see you at the Western Oakland County Parenting Education Fair at OCC, Orchard Ridge Campus on Saturday November 21, 2015. Spread the word and bring a friend!
TECHNOLOGY - MESSAGE FROM CENTRAL OFFICE
Important Reminders -
- Do not purchase any cables, adapters, and accessories to attach to the new technology.
- Ensure your whiteboard now has barrier free accessibility
- The interactive projector is not intended to just "display" information in isolation, but to also allow students to interact with the content.
- Phones MUST NOT be removed and relocated from rooms.