Tech and Study
The effects of technology on students Study.
- When searching results using online resources such as Google or Bing Students a large number of students tend to get sidetracked from links and advertisements that peak their interest, (Islam, Madiha).
- When taking classes online the students internet connection can become easily disrupted and interfere with their studies, (Islam, Madiha).
- At times there is so much technology and information that it will overwhelm younger students causing them to quickly become confused and forget their original intention, (Demski, Jeniffer).
- Students being taught to use tablets are becoming accustomed to and familiarize the uses they can have in the work place, (DeNisco, Alison).
- It has been becoming easier for teachers to monitor the students and keep them on track to minimize their habits of going off track in the lesson, (DeNisco, Alison).
- There are applications that can be used to make education more efficient and fun for the student maximizing their experience, (DeNisco, Alison).
- With the ability to chat using cameras a student can attend a lesson while ill or un able to make it to class for reasons beyond their control, (Islam, Madiha).
What To Use and The Effects
- With tablets a teacher can monitor and control what a student sees and does thanks to the majority offering parental control functions, (DeNisco, Alison).
- The weakness of computers though is that a teacher would have a harder time keeping track of what students are doing, (Demski, Jeniffer).
- Computers are the better device for use by students taking online courses because of their ability to multitask while tablets are commonly more linear devises, (Islam, Madiha).
DeNisco, Alison. "Tablet integration takes hold in school." District Administration Mar. 2013: 62. Academic OneFile. Web. 8 Apr. 2013.
Demski, Jennifer. "The hard(ware) choice: iPads? Android tablets? Chromebooks? Netbooks? Laptops? If you're trying to build out your school or district's mobile computing capacity, which way do you go?" T H E Journal [Technological Horizons In Education] Nov. 2012: 28+. Academic OneFile. Web. 8 Apr. 2013.
Islam, Madiha, et al. "Effect of technology on distance learner achievement: a case study of AIOU." Language In India Jan. 2013: 258+. Academic OneFile. Web. 8 Apr. 2013.