OLM Parent Newsletter
November 18, 2015
Reflection Corner: Gratitude for the Little Moments
How generous are we in thanking God for the moments of grace that bring peace and unity into our lives and family? Children and loved ones?
One with the World in Remembrance and Prayer
Welcome into your arms the victims of violence and terrorism.
Comfort their families and all who grieve for them.
Help us in our fear and uncertainty,
And bless us with the knowledge that we are secure in your love.
Strengthen all those who work for peace,
And may the peace the world cannot give reign in our hearts."
Peace Poster Contest Winners
First Place: Danica Vicente
Second Place: Amanda Velasco
Third Place: Leilani Zaragoza
Danica, Amanda, Lelilani will be presented their awards at the Jefferson Elementary School Board Meeting at 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 18th.
Thank you to all of you who got your students to submit entries to this contest.
Bulldogs Heading to the Championships
3rd Grade Volleyball Team Orange (coached by Mr. Tangaan)
6th Grade Volleyball Team (coached by Mr. Blair)
7th Grade Volleyball Team A (coached by Mr. Sommer)
Way to go, Bulldogs!
Cheers for Ms. Simpson and Ms. Vasquez!
OLM Students at the National History Day (NHD) Workshop in Sacramento
Patrick Pangilinan (1B)
Emma Trapsi (1B)
Ryan Chan (2A)
Andrei Magno (5A)
Diego Morales (5A)
Nicole Dugan (7B)
Second PTO Meeting Tonight
Repost: Help Needed for Christmas Fair
- Are you or your family/friends interested in being an exhibitor selling goods to the community or are you interested in donating some Christmas/Holiday items to be sold at the Christmas Boutique??
- Contact Chair: Jocelyn Sherron <email@example.com> and Contact CoChair: Marcia Ubaldo <firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What shift work would you like to volunteer for: set up, decorations, sales, crafts, and/or kitchen and take down?
- Sign up via volunteer spot
- 1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/aJx2jX
- 2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on VolunteerSpot)
- 3. Sign up! Choose your spots - VolunteerSpot will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
- Are you interested in making festive baked goods to be sold at our Bake Sale? Fill in the Bake Sale Donations Form and submit to Bake Sale
- Contact Chair: Nenita Stevens <email@example.com> and Contact Co-Chair: Junice Angeles <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- What else can you do? Pump up this event and print out the Christmas Fair flyer coming soon and post it at your work and other public areas
Dates to Remember
November 18: PTO Meeting at 7:00 p.m.
November 25: School Mass at 10:00 a.m., Noon Dismissal
November 26, 27: Thanksgiving Recess
December 2: Fall Sports Awards Celebration at 7:00 p.m.
December 4 - 5: Christmas Faire
December 5: Gift of Music Concert at 7:00 p.m.
December 7: St. Nicholas Day at OLM
December 8: Immaculate Conception
December 11: OLM Christmas Program at 7:00 p.m.
December 13: First Communion Family Gathering after 10:30 a.m. mass
December 14: Noontime Dismissal, Faculty In-service
December 15: OLM hosts Simbang Gabi
December 16: School Mass at 10:00 a.m.
December 18: Noon Dismissal (No Homework Club and Clubhouse)
Our Lady of Mercy School
Parochial Vicar: Rev. Fr. Sebastine Bula
Principal: Jeffrey T. Burgos
Sr. Eileen Pazmino, RSM
Mary Lynne Hogan
Discovering, Opening, Nurturing, and Sharing God's Gift to us