Launch Virtual Academy
Checking Quarter 1 (Q1) Student Grades
All students' grades for Q1 will be email to students and parents on Friday, September 22nd.
Grades are posted in Infinite Campus Portal.
Here are steps to access your final Q1 grades in Infinite Campus:
Step 1: Student/Parent log into your infinite campus portal account.
Step 2: On the left hand side click on the word GRADES. You will then see your grades for Quarter 1.
What do the different grades mean?
- Quarter Course – This is your Q1 scholarship grade.
- Quarter Citizenship – This is your Q1 citizenship grade.
If a student received an “I” grade, this means they did not complete the class. The percentage next to the “I” grade is how much of the class they completed.
Hello Launch Academy Students (& Parents),
We have reached the last week of our first quarter (Q1). This week, the weekly schedule is different on Thursday and Friday. Final Q1 grades will be available in Infinite Campus on Friday, September 22 after 4:00pm. Please keep in mind that a quarter class at our school is equivalent to a semester-based class in-person.
By now, several students have completed their courses or are about to take finals to finish their classes. Congratulations if you kept the pace of your classes to finish on time by this week. Each quarter, your academic goal is to complete your assigned classes by the end of the quarter.
Let's celebrate the conclusion of our first quarter! Our ASB is planning food, games, clubs activities, and interaction between students and teachers on Thursday, September 21st from 12:30mpm to 3:00pm at our school's administrative offices. Join us in-person!
On the other hand, we also understand that some of our students and their families encountered situations out of their control that prevented students from completing their Q1 classes on time. For this reason, students that did not finish a class this quarter will receive a letter grade of "I" (Incomplete) . And during Fall Break (2 weeks), they will continue having access to their incomplete class(es) with the purpose of finishing the class(es). We will offer online support and tutoring during Fall Break Mon-Fri.
As we go into a school break, remember that it's not just a pause in your educational journey but an opportunity to embrace the beauty of change. Just as leaves transform and fall, we too can shed what no longer serves us and make space for new growth and experiences. Use this time to recharge, enjoy your family and friends.
On behalf of all our school Staff, I want to wish you and your family a safe and restful Fall Break! Enjoy your break and return with renewed energy and enthusiasm for second quarter (Q2) adventures 🍂✨
Direct line of support:
- Call us at 619-628-2650
Communicate through Microsoft TEAMS, CANVAS, or email.
- firstname.lastname@example.org [Student Programs Facilitator]
News for this week:.
- Online Tutoring (Monday through Friday)
- Space HUB (Hybrid) (Tuesday - Friday) 9am to 12:30PM
- In-Person 1411 27th Street San Diego, CA 9215
- Online Saturday Support (9am to 12pm)
- End of the Quarter Celebration (Thursday, September 21st from 12:30pm to 3pm)
- Final Quarter 1 Grades (Friday, September 22nd)
Did you miss last weeks "Lunch with Launch"?
Watch the recording to learn about the End of Quarter Celebration, Final Grades and Fall Credit Completion
End of the Quarter Celebration: Blue and White!!!
Let's celebrate this quarter and your accomplishments by attending our end-of-the-quarter celebration. Food and games will be provided from 12:30 to 3:00 pm on September 21st. We will have a board game room, karaoke room, movie room, cornhole game, and more. Please remember that this end of Q1 celebration ASB and our clubs will be hosting fundraisers and an opportunity to share their knowledge with you. Please share the attached flyer with fellow students at Launch. The first hot dog and drink is on us. Please mark your calendar!!! We hope to see you there.
Launch Virtual Academy students who received an Incomplete (I) grade on their Quarter 1 report card can continue working on their classes through Fall Break.
- Classes will CLOSE Sunday, October 8th at 12pm. At that point classes will no longer be open to students.
- All teachers are on break but there will be online LIVE teacher support on TEAMS daily.
- Most teachers at Launch Virtual Academy are not working over the Fall Break, but will grade assignments completed during the break when they return starting October 10th. Please check your CANVAS Classroom(s) for individual directions from your teachers.
- There will also be Afternoon/Evening tutoring and Online Saturday Support during the Fall Break.
- Additional information anad TEAMS meeting links will come out in next weeks "Fall Credit Completion Skyrocket Newsletter."
Second Quarter (Q2) Information
Get Ready for Q2!
Here is the timeline of activities:
- First day of Q2 is Tuesday, October 10th (Quarter 2 schedule)
- On Monday, October 9th, teachers start email communications with students and parents.
- On Friday, October 9th, students and parents can access their Q2 class schedules in Infinite Campus.
Questions about your Q2 class schedule? Contact your counselor.
2023 Suicide Prevention Community Forum
The SUHSD District Suicide Prevention Council invites parents, guardians, caretakers and community members to the 2023 Suicide Prevention Community forum. The forum will include the viewing of the film "What I wish My Parents Knew" that explores the inner struggle of children as they share their pain living in crisis and express their feelings navigating their mental health challenge. Participants will engage in a guided reflective discussion after the film.
District Parent Advisory Committee
What is the District Parent Advisory Committee (DPAC)?
The DPAC for SUHSD provides input and feedback on programs and services for Title 1 schools as well as engaging input and feedback on the district. Local Control and Accountability Plan.
Meetings are held monthly at the district office. Launch needs two parent representative and one alternate representative for the DPAC team.
Click HERE to nominate yourself for the District Parent Advisory Committee.
District English Language Advisory Committee
What is the District English Language Advisory Committee (DELAC)?
The DELAC for SUHS meets monthly to advise the local governing board on programs and services for English Learners. The DELAC assists in developing and providing input in establishing district programs and goals for English Learners. Meetings are held monthly at the district office. Launch needs one parent representative and two alternate representative for the DELAC team.
Click HERE to nominate yourself for the District English Language Advisory Committee
P-EBT 4.0 is a federal program, providing food benefits to families with eligible children who may have missed free or reduced-price meals at their school or childcare because of COVID-19. P-EBT 4.0 is the fourth and final version of the P-EBT program following the expiration of the federal Public Health Emergency. P-EBT 4.0 provides benefits to eligible children for the 2022–2023 school year and summer 2023. All P-EBT 4.0 cards will be issued by the State of California and sent to student households by September 30, 2023.
- Students who were enrolled in a virtual school or homeschool may be eligible if they exited an in-person school after January 2020, and they must have been in Independent Study for the 2021-22 AND 2022-23 school years. These children can apply for P-EBT 4.0 benefits by visiting GetPEBT.org. Applications can be submitted between July 21, 2023 and August 15, 2023.
Flyer and more details HERE.
Access to CANVAS for Parents as "Observers"
We apologize for the challenges some parents are facing while attempting to create or access their accounts through the Canvas Parent App. We continue working with the CANVAS support team to facilitate this process. As we wait for a resolution, the best course of action is for parents begin by attempting to log in using the QR code method.
Creating your CANVAS Parent Account
Step 1. Get your student you generate a Pairing Code for you. Guidelines HERE.
Step 2. Using a computer's internet browser go to https://suhsdk12.instructure.com/login/canvas
Step 3. Select "Parent of a CANVAS User" and enter your information including your self-selected password and your student Paring Code.
*At this point you already will have access to your student CANVAS classes as "Observer"
Now, let's get the CANVAS Parent Phone App to work
Step 1. Download CANVAS Parent phone App on your phone.
Step 2. Select the bottom option "QR Login". And select that you already have a CANVAS accont.
Step 3. Now, after successfully logging into CANVAS on a computer, go to “Account” > “QR for Mobile Login” and Scan the QR CODE from your phone CANVAS Parent App.
"Space Hub" In-Person Support System
Space HUB - In-Person (Hybrid) Support
- Space HUB support is offered to students Tuesday through Friday from 9am to 12:30pm at our school's administrative offices located at 1411 27th Street, San Diego, CA 92154.
- Snacks and Lunch are provided.
- Students will attend their online classes and receive in-person support from teachers, tutors, and support staff.
Online Tutoring Support System
- Monday (12pm to 4pm) and (6pm - 9pm)
- Click HERE for the live link.
- Tuesday (2pm to 9pm)
- Click HEREfor the live link.
- Click HEREfor the live link.
- Wednesday (2pm to 4pm) (6pm to 9pm)
- Click HEREfor the live link.
- Thursday (2pm to 9pm)
- Click HERE for the live link.
- Friday (12pm to 4pm) Click HERE for the live link.
- Support for English, Science, History and Math
Online Saturday Support [9am-12pm]
Fall Sports Information Center
Make One-On-One Appointments with Teachers and Counselors
To facilitate the scheduling of an online meeting with you, Launch Academy teachers and counselors use of Calendly.
- Teachers email contact and Calendly links HERE.
- Counseling team email contact and Calendly links HERE.
Let's meet to work together!
Attention Seniors c/o 2024. Please contact MG Portraits and schedule an appointment for your senior and Cap and Gown portraits. Click on the link to schedule an appointment: https://www.mgportraits.com/
Click on the flyer for more information.
Launch Virtual Academy ASB News
Join Our Exciting New Cooking Club!
Hello Rockets!!! If you have a passion for culinary arts, a desire for delicious flavors, and a desire to connect with other food enthusiasts, this club is for you. Join us as we embark on a journey to discover, learn, and enjoy the art of cooking.
Click on the link: Cooking Club
Rising Star Form
If you want to nominate someone for the next Rising Star please fill out the form by clicking on the flyer.
K- Pop Club
Click on the flyer and fill out the form for more information.
Launch Virtual Academy Debate Club
Launch Virtual Academy Crochet Club
Did you know LVA has a crochet club? We are currently looking for new members of all skill levels even if you don't know how to crochet we are able to help out. If you are interested please complete the form by clicking on the flyer.
Click on the picture and fill out the form to join our yearbook club.
Click on the image to join the VEX robotics club.
SUHSD Student Work Permit
How to get a Work Permit All SUHSD students must:
1. Have a 2.0 or higher GPA.
2. Attend school regularly.
3. Interviewing or in the
process of being hired.
If you qualify, please follow the steps below.
1. Complete the Work Permit application (SUHSD Form No. B1-1). All highlighted
sections must be completed by the appropriate persons.
2. Return the application to Monica Castro at
Your Work Permit will be issued within 1-2 business days if you meet the all the requirements. After receiving your Work Permit you will be required to take it to your employer.
Work permits will be canceled if a student no longer meets the requirements. Work
Permits must be renewed each year at the start of school, or if employment changes.