Stonybrook Red Storm Forecast
September 21, 2020
September 23rd - Title One Night Cookout. 5:00 PM - Outside door 23
October 5th-16th - Fall break
October 19th - Students first day back from Fall Break (Black Schedule Day)
October 22nd - Parent Teacher Conferences
Greetings Stonybrook Parents and Guardians,
We are just two weeks away from Fall Break, man the time is flying! We are changing they way that attendance is taken on application days and for full virtual students. Starting Monday, September 21, full time VIRTUAL K-12 students and ALTERNATING DAY 6-12 students will be required to mark their own attendance in Canvas on days they are not in their school building.
Using Canvas for attendance:
****Instead of teachers taking attendance, the following will now occur:
- Students (families) will sign in CANVAS and click their class and then hit the attendance verification.
- The teacher will log into Synergy and submit the attendance for that day.
- The following morning, registrars will get an email of students that did not indicate their attendance for the previous day.
- The registrar will go in and mark the student absent for the previous day.
- THIS WILL GO LIVE ON MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2020!
Title One Night
Student Success Handbook
Stonybrook Skating Party at Roller Cave!
Follow the link below to buy your skate party tickets online……
Census Deadline Approaching!
VIRTUAL Students and Parents/Caregivers!
- Don’t forget that we will continue to distribute breakfast and lunches for all VIRTUAL students on Tuesday and Friday mornings from 8AM-9:30AM at Moorhead Community Resource Center. We have also added a Tuesday distribution time in the evening from 4:30-6:30PM.
- Thank you for continuing to use Moorhead Community Resource Center to support your device needs. Their hours of operation are Monday-Friday, from 11-1PM. **Your technology needs can also be supported though submitting a helpdesk ticket through IncidentIQ Support System. If you are in need of a WiFi Hotspot, you can use IncidentIQ Support System to make the request or you can contact your homeschool.
Please remind your child to bring their face mask to school!
This includes students coming to school, please remind them to have a mask with them before leaving the house.
Our supply of masks is running low. We appreciate your help!
Athletic Event Safety
We are excited to be able to offer our students opportunities to safely participate in athletics during the current Covid -19 pandemic. In order to keep you, your family, our staff, and your student athletes safe, we are only admitting 250 total spectators into Stonybrook events to comply with MCPHD and IHSAA social distancing guidelines. Spectators for all sports will be limited to immediate family members.
- Home Football and Volleyball: Tickets will go on sale on site 45 minutes before the start time of the event and will be available on a first come first serve basis. Tickets will be $5 general admission, $3 for children ages 5 and up, and $13 for a family pass which includes two adults and two children.
- Employees planning to attend games will be granted entrance for just the badge holder.
- Away game/match ticketing and safety information will be determined by the opposing school. Ticketing and safety information for away games/matches will be provided to coaches for distribution as soon as it is available to ADs. Plan on masks being required.
Game Day at Stonybrook
- Masks are REQUIRED for admission and must remain on while at an event. Any spectator not wearing a mask will be denied entry or asked to leave.
- Family units may sit together but must be using 6 feet of social distancing between another family unit.
- Avoid congregating near concessions or bathrooms when applicable.
- Home Fans are encouraged to arrive 45-60 minutes prior to start time, while away fans are encouraged to arrive 20-40 minutes prior to start time. This will help alleviate crowding at the door/gate.
**Please note, all guidelines listed above follow the direction provided by the
MCPHD, IHSAA, and NFHS**
I'd like to share some parent resources for Canvas. There is a Canvas app for parents that will allow you to communicate with your children's teachers and access your student's instructional material. Click on this link to watch the video.
Have a wonderful week.
Attention 7th and 8th Grade Student and Parents!
School District Publications/News Media Use
The Boys and Girls Club is now at Stonybrook!
Need a Part Time Job?
Stonybrook Face Mask
Black & Gold Schedule
Click the buttons below.
Click the buttons below for helpful information!
Stonybrook Refrigerator Information
ATTENDANCE LINE: 317-532-8800 EXT. 1
SCHOOL NURSE: 317-532-8806
SCHOOL HOURS: 8:55 AM - 3:55 PM
DISTRICT OFFICE: 317-869-4300
Principal: Mr. Jason Smith PH: 317-532-8804
Assistant Principal & 6th Gr. Dean: Mr. Chad Reedy PH: 317-532-8803
7th Gr.Dean: Mr. Josh Davis PH:317-532-8828
8th Gr. Interim Dean: Mr. Jeremy Dillard
5th Gr. Dean: Ms. Becky True PH: 317-532-8805
6th Gr. Counselor: Ms. Kassie Roberts PH: 317-532-8880
7th Gr. Counselor: Jenny Gullion PH: 317-532-8845
8th Gr. Counselor: Mrs. Melissa Nicholson PH: 317-532-8800 X8811
5th Gr. Counselor: Mr. Michael James PH: 317-532-8800
Athletic Director: Mr. Jeff Cummings PH: 317-532-8826