Colts Express News
July 31, 2019
- Teacher Assignments: Your child's homeroom teacher assignment will be sent out via email next Friday, August 9, between 9:00-10:00 am. Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd graders will only have one teacher for core academics. For 3rd graders, some students will be changing classes for ELA and Math and will have two academic teachers. For fourth and fifth graders, most students will be switching classes, and will have more than one academic teacher. Parent Portal will also open at 9:00 am next Friday, so you can view your child's schedule and teacher assignments. This may be helpful to 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students if you wish to view all teacher assignments. Your child's homeroom teacher will also have their schedule information if you would like to wait until then to see any other possible teachers.
- Parent Portal: If you are a returning student, your child's Parent Portal information will remain the same. For new students, you may call the office at 803-548-8150 to have a copy printed for you to be picked up.
- Start Times for 2019-2020 (Reminder): The district has adjusted all elementary schools' start and dismissal times for the upcoming school year. Instruction will begin this year at 7:35 am instead of 7:40 am. Our doors will open at 7:05 am for student arrival. Students will begin being marked tardy at 7:35 am. Dismissal will now begin at 2:20 pm instead of 2:25 pm.
- Building Updates: It has been a busy summer here at SES! They are wrapping up installing our new HVAC system and roofing project. The installation of our turf is complete on the playground. They will begin painting the gym next week to go along with our new gym floor.
- Kindergarten & New Student Orientation: We will be holding an orientation session for kindergarten and new students as well as parents next Wednesday, August 7, at 6:00 pm. It will begin in our cafeteria where our administration will share important information about the school and the upcoming school year. We hope to provide an opportunity for families to self tour our building after our information session. However, due to all of the construction work our cleaning schedule has been delayed. The hallway floors may be getting waxed next week. Some or all hallways may be off limits. I apologize for the inconvenience.
- "Meet the Teacher": This annual event will be held on Thursday, August 15. Kindergarten students will have theirs as follows that morning: Students with the last name beginning with A-L will begin at 7:30 am and end at 8:15 am. Students with the last name beginning M-Z will begin at 8:45 am and end at 9:30 am. For students in grades 1st-5th, there are three sessions to choose from on Thursday afternoon. Sessions will last for 30 minutes and will begin on time at the following times: 3:00, 3:40, and 4:20.
Upcoming Important Dates
- 8/7: Kindergarten and New Student Orientation at 6:00 PM in the Cafeteria
- 8/9: Class assignments will be emailed and made available via Parent Portal at approximately 9:00 AM
- 8/15: "Meet the Teacher" - See above for more information
- 8/19: First Day of School
Springfield Elementary School
Click on the SES button to be redirected to our school website for additional information.