Mrs. Murphy's Musings
News from Room 22 - March 18, 2016
In the Tall Towers class, the children worked in pairs to build a structure using legos that would be able to withstand increasingly stronger shaking on the "Earthquake Table".
Thank You Chaperones!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you all for a wonderful day!
Yellow Return Slips
Pennies for Patients Fundraiser
Essential Question: What inferences about the character or setting can you make based on details from the story? (This is a good question to ask when reading at home.)
Comprehension Skill: Make Inferences
High Frequency Words: grew, house, knew, would
Phonemic Awareness: r controlled vowels spelled with ar
Vocabulary Words: curious, idea, career, fascinating, improve, investigate
Spelling Words and Dictation Sentences:
grew, house, knew, would, cart, barn, arm, art, yarn, harm, chart, smart
How far is the park from here?
You can see the stars when it is dark.
Math: Place Value, Comparison, Addition and Subtraction to 40
Social Studies: We Love Our Country
Science: Sound, Light, and Communication
- Bids for Kids (Foundation Fundraiser) - Saturday, March 19
- Pennies for Patients Fundraiser - March 21-April 1
- All-School Assembly - Friday, April 1, 8:35-9:00 AM, amphitheater
- All Lost & Found will be donated - Friday, April 1
- Spring Break - April 4-8
- Family Heritage Night - April 15, 4:45-6:15 PM
- Musical Performance: Family & Friends - Wednesday, April 27, 8:45-9:45 AM