Freeman Mustangs Newsletter #21
January 15, 2021
- Friday, January 15th: No School- Institute Day
- Monday, January 18th: No School- MLK Day
- Tuesday, January 19th: Start of Quarter 3- changes to schedules in effect
- Thursday, January 21st: Material Pick Up (Virtual Teachers will communicate if there are materials for your child to pick up)
- Monday, January 25th: Chipotle Freeman PTA Fundraiser
Blended Experience: Return to Learn Update from Dr. Craig
Blended Experience Information
Please see each grade level link for Blended Experience information that is pertinent to your student:
Updates and Timelines
- Bus routes and times will be available via each student’s bus route account the this Friday afternoon before their return (1/15/2021)
- Freeman is no longer be a food distribution site during the day. West Aurora High School will now be the closest location to Freeman.
- Breakfast will not in be the classroom (students will need to eat at home before coming to school- will be sent home (see below)
- Food will be sent home (dinner, breakfast, lunch, dinner, breakfast) each day your kid is in person. If you need meals for anyone else at home, please stop by one of the distribution sites or contact the main office. Families will have the option to opt out of having food sent home with students and will need to complete a form. More information included below.
- In Person students will follow the A/B Schedule- 8:30am-2:20pm. Students will enter the building around 8:20am. Non in person days will meet with students via Zoom from 8-8:25. Virtual Students will 8:00am-2:20pm. Daily schedules should have been communicated by the virtual learning teacher.
- Daily symptom screener completed Monday through Friday by 8:00am
Virtual Learning Academy Supply Pick Up Dates
Virtual students will have monthly supply pick-ups. Pick up will happen from the main office at Freeman between 7:30am and 3:30pm on the following dates:
Transportation Information Available Friday 1/15
Bus routes and times will be available via each student’s bus route account the Friday afternoon before their return (1/15/2021). You can expect further email communication coming to you on this date. Due to the unique accommodations required to meet the needs of our special education students, those families can expect a personal phone call regarding their child’s transportation arrangements.
Important Food Service Announcement for Elementary Families
Food Service information:
Take Home Meal Opt-out form:
Take Home Meal Opt-out form in Spanish: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A05c6d99b-5d82-4411-982c-6148d9b14c33&fbclid=IwAR1jI1qU-WgJCsUGafM2lxHrKcAq01uLNV7aRyCwFW00qH_MsoNIA1ZuPYw#pageNum=1
SD129 Student Daily Health Screener
Each morning, a link will be sent to the email address you provided when you created your Health Screening account. The screener will prompt you to answer questions regarding the health of your student and if they have had any close contacts to someone with COVID. Please have the daily health screener completed by 8:00am each morning. If the screener is not completed by 8:00am, the office will be following up with phone calls.
During in-person instruction, the screener will help guide you on whether your child can attend school that day. Your child will not be able to be in their class if the health screener is not completed. It will also prompt communication with our schools’ health office to see how we can help support your child during and after their absence.
All families who are sending their child back to in-person instruction for the remainder of the school year will be required to establish a symptom screener account and screen their child(ren) daily by 8:00am. Please use the link and helpful hints below to create your account.
Here are a couple of helpful hints:
The initial account should be completed in the parent/guardian name
To add students to your account, click on “My Students” at the top of the page and then “Add Student”. Once the account is created, you can add multiple students to the account.
Please register your student’s legal name, as you did when registering for school
Instructions to create your account and add your students to your profile is included in the video and infographic linked below.
Video Instructions: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SP7787SSv4oQFd59gbTezFWd92_Vk947/view
The same account set up will also be sent to your primary phone number listed for SMS messages. Account set-up is easy, but for assistance please contact Mrs. Andrea Delgado via email at email@example.com. Thank you for your cooperation in creating your account.
Please use the link to create your student symptom screening account. Additional instructions have been emailed to you. https://bit.ly/3lrpGUt
Winter Coats Available
Picture Day is coming!
Group B will be on Thursday, January 28th, 2021
For fully virtual students, please use the linked sign up genius to sign up for your desired time slot. If you have multiple children, each student will need their own time slot. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0c4caca728aaf8ce9-picture
Specific information regarding door entry and camera location will be communicated later. Thank you!
SD129 COVID Reporting & Cleaning Procedures
SCRIP is back! Gift card purchases give back to Freeman PTA
SCRIP is back! It's that program where we used to send home a form, and you would fill it out and send back the form with payment to buy gift cards.... and then the gift cards would arrive? All you need to do is download the app!
Download the app from the Apple Store
Or Google Play.
Then you just need this enrollment code to set up your account
You can get instant e-cards (great for last minute gifts) or physical cards, they just take a little longer.