Kinder Sparks News
Working Hard in Kindergarten
Martin's Big Words
Nonfiction Map Study
Bear Snores On
for, have, of, they, said
Short Vowel Study: Aa, Ee, Ii, Oo, Uu
All letters and sounds have been taught.
You child should know all the letters and sounds.
At this point in the year, your child should be able to name at least 35 letters in a minute and say 35 sounds in one minute. Please have your child practice this each night using their homework letter fluency page.
Your child should be writing complete sentences. Each sentence should have correct subject/verb, capitalization, spaces and punctuation. This is a wonderful time to purchase your child a journal so they can practice writing at home.
Understanding Addition and Subtraction within 10
Winter Time Reminders
- We follow the Rutherford County policy for inclement weather.
- Parents will be notified from James Evans at the central office.
- If school is 2 hours late, our start time would be 9:30.
- In the event of an early release for inclement weather, your child's teacher needs to be aware of any transportation changes that would be different than how they currently go home.
- Please be sure your child wears a coat each day during the Winter season.
- Please send in a winter change of clothes for your child to keep at school.
As we transition into the new year, we will be working very hard to prepare for First grade expectations in both academic and behavior. As a reminder, our behavior expectations are the following:
- Listen and follow directions the first time given
- Keep hands and feet to yourself
- Be respectful to classmates and faculty/staff
- Use appropriate hallway and cafeteria manners
It is beneficial for your to view your child's agenda each night to review the color they were on for the day and encourage positive behavior.