November 11, 2020 Indiana Middle Level Education Association
I have found their explanatory webinars to be very helpful; you can sign up for future ones here, or watch previous ones that are archived. They are also responsive to questions.
For other OER (Open Education Resources), I've found this annotated list to be the most helpful. (Note: a few of those listed also include some $$ resources)
Attending IASP? Use Code KPPN
10 Tips for Supporting Students with Special Needs in #RemoteLearning
Comparing Kahoot!, Quizizz, Quizlet Live, & Gimkit
Taking Audio to the Next Level in Google Slides
Nominations Now Open for the Presidential Award for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching.
This Week's INSPIRE3 Update
Highlights included in this INSPIRE3 Update 11/9/20. Thank You for sharing this Update with your staff and colleagues as these resources are beneficial in service-learning planning for in-school and/or virtual instruction for the 20-21 school year.
- Link to thirty-five Spotlight on Service-Learning articles archived on our INSPIRE3 page
- Over a hundred Indiana schools service-learning experiences on our INSPIRE3 Snapshots of Service Learning page
- NEW LTG Resource - Civility and Civil Conversations-“We can teach civility and the skills of civil conversations to grow citizenship and action for the good of all. Civility can be deliberately taught. We can have difficult conversations while showing respect for people who think differently. This resource includes guidance and videos for young people from preschool to high school.”
- LTG Social Awareness Resources- Incorporate teaching Social Emotional Learning (SEL) and Social Justice in-class and in remote settings.
- Veteran’s Day is November 11. It is a great day, week, and month to talk about the service of veterans and community helpers. Toolkit, lessons, project ideas found here.
- On GivingTuesday Dec. 1, 2020 - kids, teens, and young adults will lead volunteer projects, acts of kindness, and give back in the ways that matter most to them, creating something positive from the year 2020 and making a difference in the world.
- LTG Lessons, Resources, Toolkits to support more national initiatives and holidays in November: National Philanthropy Day; Thanksgiving Day and in December: Season of Giving with Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa. Nov/Dec. lessons/toolkits found here.
- INSPIRE3 PowerPoints available and Tutorials found HERE.
- generationOn website free service/service-learning resources for teachers, students, and parents
- Visit our INSPIRE3 page on the IMLEA website HERE and the IASP website HERE
- INSPIRE3 program status update
- Thank You Very Much for sharing our updates and the INSPIRE3 web page with your staff and colleagues
Free Learning Opportunities (all times EST)
November 12: Teaching History with Museum Resources: A Hybrid Learning How-To, in Collaboration with Seminary Ridge Museum and Education Center in Gettysburg, 5 pm
November 12: Reading League Indiana Virtual Kickoff, 7 pm
November 17: AMLE Webinar, Read for Mearning with Read Live, 4 pm
November 20: Leslie Fisher Webinar with Adam Bellow of BreakoutEDU, 7 pm
November 21: EdCamp: Powerful Learning at Home (Hosted by Edcamp), 11-1:30
November 23: Connecting with Students During a Pandemic, 7 pm
November 24: Points of Light Grant Applications Due
November 30: Measuring Student Learning in Any Setting with Fisher, Frey, & Hattie, 2 pm
December 1: Canva for Education Summit, 5 pm
2021: IMLEA Conference-Now Virtual!
Indiana eLearning Lab (Must Register to See Live Schedule; Tutorials always available)