October 3-7, 2016
You Made It!
Thank you to all teachers for making sure students are getting to the office right away for the pledge. We have been starting as soon as the bell rings and finishing within a minute!
Thank you all for amazing conferences. It's so great to hear all the positive happy parents.
Thank you to Jen Hunt and Lana Nack for the hard work you put into the book fair.
Thank you to Carmen Walsh for all the work with depositing money from the book fair and receipts. Thanks to Aimee Wilbur for depositing from Thursday.
Teacher of the Month
Nancy Thompson was nominated for teacher of the month because she is so patient and kind to students and always has a smile on. Congratulations!
Support Staff of the Month
Sheri Burney was nominated because she continually goes above and beyond for students each and every day. Congratulations!
Teacher of the Month
The Week Ahead
Tuesday - A Day, Dr. Day and Mrs. Kolarik out in am, Curriculum Night Mtg, Math Cohort at MS at 4:00
Wednesday - B Day, Dr. Day out in pm, PD (Curriculum Writing in Vertical Teams)
Thursday - C Day, Dr. Day out all day, Dawn Hickman at team meetings
Friday - D Day, Dr. Day out all day, Movie Night
Pledge: Please send students down at 8:10 for the pledge.
Wednesday: J. Smith
2nd grade has afternoon supervision.
Nuts and Bolts
- Please remember to use Google Chrome for your web browser instead of Edge.
- As a reminder, make sure you are walking students into the cafeteria at lunch, and to their busses after school.
- October 12th the report card window will open. This is also the deadline for running records. Any student that was reading below grade level during our last running record will receive another one. Please make sure scores are entered in the Google Drive document by October 12th.
- October 14th is the deadline for the 2nd benchmark assessment to be uploaded in Mastery Connect. If you need assistance, I'm happy to help, as is Dawn Hickman. Just send us an email.
- Please remember to check the West Staff Calendar and the West Elementary Calendar frequently. We add all events, meetings, deadlines, reminders, etc. on these calendars. If you need assistance viewing those calendars along with your own let me know, I'd be happy to set it up for you.
- Nurse Mel is collecting $5 from all willing to donate for our building Care to Learn basket. These will be raffled off at the trivia night on October 15th.
- We've had a lot of questions about birthday party invitations lately. Our student handbook states that we do not allow students to pass out invitations for birthday parties.
Our next reading assignment for October is pages 22-44.
We will be discussing the questions below in groups. Please be prepared to share out.
- Think about your attitude yesterday, how would your day have been different if you had been committed to being upset?
- How would you have reacted to people with whom you came in contact?
- How would you have reacted to situations you experienced?
- If you had been in a good mood, how might have you reacted differently to some of the negative things that happened?
- How does this section apply to your job and our school?
- How does your attitude effect your students?
- How does your attitude effect your teammates and other colleagues?