Modeling & Tools For Math
Successful implementation of Mathematical Practices #4 & #5
Math Pratice #4: Modeling
1. Estimate a solution to the problem.
2. Identify information needed and be allowed to ask questions.
3. Formulate and revise methods to solve the problem.
4. Draw conclusions about the situation based on their results.
5. Interpret the results and determine if the results make sense in the situation.
Below are a few resources to help you get started with modeling in your classroom.
Math Practice #5: Using Appropriate Tools Strategically.
Below are useful apps, and better yet, they're free!