Burleson Elementary News
February 4, 2021
A NOTE FROM MRS.COFFMAN
The PTO is providing some wonderful rewards for all the hard work! We have 70 students who earned an ice cream party, fourth grade earned a pizza party for selling the most out of all the grade levels, and the top 8 sellers are heading to the movies in April to celebrate their record setting sales! Congratulations to the following students:
1. Erik Gonzalez
2. Hannah Houchin
3. Keira Jowers
4. Lylah Castillo
5. Marialicia Andrae
6. Emma Moya
7. Riggin Day
8. Ashlyn Jowers
- Practice letter and sound recognition. Letter for this week is Pp
- Focus on number recognition up to number 11.
- Please have students practice writing their name at home.
- Library book is due back on Tuesday. Lots of students are not bringing books.
- Send extra change of clothes for cold weather.
- Attendance is important! Everyday is a learning experience.
Thank you for all your support. Mrs. A 😊
- Valentine's Party will be on Feb. 12th. Note will be in your child's folder.
- Practice new sight words. Test on Feb. 12th
- Continue reading at night and filling out your child's reading log.
- Parent conferences on March 8th.
If your child is absent, please contact the office and myself on dojo.
- Study purple sight words for the test on Friday.
- Spelling test will be on Tuesday, February 9th.
- Keep practicing +8's for a test on Friday.
- Scholastic Book Orders are due by Friday, February 12th.
- Valentine party will be on Friday, February 12th. Look for a note on Thursday in the purple folder.
- Please bring a water bottle and library books to school every day.
If your child is absent, please contact the office and myself on Dojo. Thanks for all you do!!
* -4 math facts quiz will be on Friday.
* Continue to READ, READ, READ and take AR test!!!
* Be sure you are reading for at least 20 minutes every night and that you are filling out the Home Reading Log. The Reading Logs are due every Friday morning.
<Congratulations to those that placed with their "WILD" art work. Everyone's giraffes turned out so well and it was a very close competition!
<Second grade's Valentine's Day party is set for the afternoon of February 12th. Be on the look out for more information in Thursday's folder and on ClassDojo.
<Parent conferences are scheduled for March 8th.
- In reading this week we are looking at a very different genre, Drama. We will be looking at the elements of drama and how this type of text is different from any other genre.
- In Social Studies we are continuing to learn how communities make money and how the cost of production and selling price affect profits.
- Make sure you are reading at home and fill in Home Reading Logs.
- Make sure you are checking Class Dojo messages.
- In math we are learning how to measure the area of shapes.
- In science we are using tools to measure the weather outside and comparing it to other climates.
- Math fact homework is due on Friday's and we will take our math fact test on Fridays.
- We took our Content Based Assessment on Tuesday. This covered measurement that we have been working on for the past month. It did not go as well as we had hoped. We are struggling with word problems! This CBA will come home in the purple folder on Thursday. Their score is inside the front cover. We have been over this in class together, but it would be very helpful if you could go over this with them again at home. Thank you!
- In Math we are beginning a study in Geometry. Angles, lines, points and planes. We will also learn how to measure angles using a protractor.
- We will not take our multiplication test everyday now. This far into the school year students should have passed and know all their basic multiplication facts. We will however have random fact tests so please be sure your child studies and knows their basic facts.
- In Science we are studying Earth’s natural resources and how to conserve them. We will learn about reusing, reducing, and recycling.
- Bring a water bottle and clean mask EVERYDAY!
Please keep Mrs. McCormick and her family in your prayers.
- We just finished up our Text structure unit, we will be moving onto Drama which is a big section on the Staar Test, plus its very fun!!!!
- READ READ READ
-Valentines Party will be Feb. 12, a note will go home tomorrow
-Water bottles and masks are needed daily!
-Attendance is SOOOO important to successful learning, please have your children here on time daily and contact myself and the office if your student will be out.
- Please have your child practice math facts every night.
- We are working on perimeter, area, and volume. It has been fun!
BRONCO BASKETBALL NEWS
JVB -vs - Whitharral @ 5:00 pm
VG -vs- Whitharral @6:30 pm
VB -vs- Whitharral @ 8:00 pm
MEADOW PTO ANNUAL FUNDRAISER
A NOTE FROM THE LIBRARIAN
WEDNESDAY'S SNACK SHACK
Prices will range from $2.00 - $4.00.
MEADOW PTO SNACK CART ON FRIDAY'S
FEBRUARY LUNCH MENU
Your child's name will be displayed on the day of their birthday. If their special day falls on a weekend their shout out will be displayed on the Friday before. This is open to ALL Meadow students and staff.