News from the Nest
Strength. Determination. Knowledge.
March 26, 2021
COVID cases in Genesee County are on the rise again. I want to take a moment to remind you of our safety protocols, which come directly from the recommendations of our Genesee County Health Department.
ALL students and staff are required to wear masks in the building unless they are eating. Student desks are 6' apart, and temperatures are taken for all staff and students every day.
When we receive a report of a positive case, whether it's for a student or a staff member, contact tracing begins immediately. Anyone who had exposure to the positive case within two days of either the positive test or onset of symptoms (whichever happened first) is notified immediately and is quarantined for 10 days from the date of exposure. These measures stop outbreaks from occurring in our school building.
There is always risk associated with in-person instruction during a pandemic; individuals can be asymptomatic, and the contagion period can begin before symptoms ever show. That's why it's so important that our safety measures are followed by everyone:
- Always wear a mask when around others not in your immediate family
- Stay home if you are not feeling well
- Get tested immediately if you have symptoms aligned with COVID
- If exposed, make sure you quarantine for the full ten days
- Wash your hands often
Finally, I am pleased to report that all staff who were interested in receiving the COVID vaccination have received it. Over 60% of our staff is partially or fully vaccinated, and those who have had their first shots are scheduled to receive their second within the next week!
Thank you for partnering with us and trusting us to keep your family safe. We take all precautions seriously and appreciate your understanding and support!
March is Reading Month!
Click here for our Spirit Week days (March 29-April 2nd)!
Click here for our daily calendar of events!
The Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Flint Presents...
Student of the Month
Our March character trait for Student of the Month is "collaboration"!
Laptop Care and Tips
All of our scholars have received devices for virtual learning. Below are a few tips to ensure the technology devices are not accidentally damaged or lost.
- Ensure the case remains on the iPad or Chromebook.
- Ensure food and drinks are not around the technology devices.
- Ensure scholars are stationary when using the iPad or Chromebook.
- Monitor data usage. (Make sure hotspots are turned off and disconnected when not being used for school work.)
- When lessons have concluded for the day, ensure the scholar places the device in the same location each day.
- Ensure the technology devices are plugged into the charger at the end of the day in order for the scholars to have a fully charged device for the next school day.
If you have any questions, please call the office at 810-768-3860.