World History Unit 2
Flying Threw World History
Origins and structure of :
- The origins of Greek Polis is the city states developed around a fort , smart villages, and supplied food.
- The structure of Greek Polis is based on two ideas Geographical Territory, and Economic Independence.
- The origins of the Roman Empire are that Caesar chose his grandson to be the ruler after his death, and after his death his grandson struggled for power.
- The structure of the roman empire was that they were polytheistic.
- The ideas of Socrates was to teach that education was the key to personal growth.
- The impact of Socrates was he became one of the most important thinkers of the new era. Also he was an Athenian.
- Plato's ideas was that he believed the human senses could be fooled.
- Plato, his impact was a wealthy , young aristocrat and the greatest of Socrates students.
- The ideas of Aristotle are he believed that If a male wanted to study that he should be able to pay a fee.
- The impact of Aristotle was one of Plato's student In the Academy as a young man.
- Describe cultural diffusion by Alexander the Great.
- The answer is the spread of religion, he translated writing, and also was the fierce military leader.
- What was the impact of Julius and Augustus Caesar?
- Augustus began a period known as the Pax Romania. (A Period Of Peace)
- Julius was a powerful public speaker and general. He built a huge following.
Contributions of Culture.
- The law was the wealthier you are the better you were treated as a person.
- The gender of the Hellenistic was treated differently the rich were treated better.
- The science of Hellenistic was that he calculated the value of pi (3.14)
- The law of the roman culture was to be Catholic.
- The gender of the roman culture was everyone was the same.
- The science of the roman culture was the influence on Muslim culture.
- Describe Greek and Roman Polytheism?
- They believed that they had one god ,and they told stories of their beliefs.
- What are origins of Christianity?
- A religion based on more than one god; Monotheism where Christmas is celebrated on the 25th of December.
- How did Christianity spread to the roman world?
- The Christians spoke out and told people about Christianity which sent Christianity flying around the globe.
- What factors led to the collapse of the Western Roman Empire?
- The king chose his grandson to lead the empire, which caused a struggle for his grandson after his death. Plus others wanted to be in power and wanted to over throw him.