PARK PENCIL POINT NEWSLETTER
October 27, 2022
Just a REMINDER: Drop off times for students is 9:10-9:20am. The doors are then closed and starting at 9:21am students are marked Tardy.
As the temperatures continue to drop, please make sure to send your children with the necessary outerwear for recess. We send the students outside every day, unless it is heavily raining or the wind chill is below 15 degrees. It is so important for kids to get outdoors every day, and having the appropriate clothing allows them to play and enjoy their recess time. Thank you for your cooperation.
- October 28 - All School Assembly with Magician Rick Smith Jr.
- October 31 - Halloween Harvest Parade & Class Parties *
- November 1& 2 - Fall AIR ELA Testing (3rd grade)
- November 3 - Conferences (4:30-8:15pm) *
- November 9 - CARNIVAL Planning Meeting (5:30pm)
- November 9 - PTO Meeting (6:30pm)
- November 11 - Veteran's Day Assembly (9:45am) *
- November 17 - Skating Party (6-8:30pm) United Skates of America
- November 23-25 - NO SCHOOL - Happy Thanksgiving!
- December 13 - 2nd & 3rd Grade Music Concert (6pm & 7:15pm)
- December 16 - Sugar Plum Shoppe
- December 17 - Sing for Santa - Monsters Game (12pm)
- December 21 - End of 2nd Quarter
- December 21 - Class Parties
* See below for more information
On Monday, October 31st, the Park Elementary School Harvest Activities will take place. Listed below is some information that you will need to know concerning Harvest activities at Park School.
* Monday, October 31st , is considered an instructional day until 1:45 p.m. Students will be ready for the parade beginning at 2:00 p.m.
* If students choose to bring a costume to change into for the Parade around the Village Square, they should follow the school guidelines.
* Supervision can be provided for any students not participating in the Harvest party activities or parents may also pick up their students.
SOME GUIDELINES ABOUT COSTUMES:
* Students should not come to school dressed in costume or wearing any type of make-up or dyed hair. Costumes should be carried in a bag or delivered to the office by a parent before 1:45 p.m.
* Masks that restrict vision should not be worn.
* Costume length should not cause your child to trip or fall.
* Children's costumes should not require that they wave or carry anything in their hands (i.e. swords, guns, etc.).
* Costumes should be appropriate for elementary students.
* Any costume not appropriate for school or in good taste, will not be permitted to be worn.
The time frame is as follows for Monday, October 31st:
1:45 – 2:00 Children dress in costumes.
2:00 - 2:20 Parade around Village Square
2:20 – 3:15 Harvest homeroom party activities
3:15 - 3:25 Prepare for dismissal
Parents are invited to park on the square and enjoy our parade, however, those room parents conducting the class parties are the only adults invited back to the classrooms. Younger siblings are not invited to classroom parties. This distracts from your child’s classroom party experience.
If there is inclement weather, the parade will be held in the building and the students will go from room to room. Homeroom parties will continue as planned.
We hope that the students enjoy their festive experience. A big “THANKS” to Mrs. Ghobrial and the room mothers for their assistance in the Harvest parties.
We hope that your family has a safe “TRICK OR TREAT" experience. Please note that the City of Chardon’s "TRICK OR TREAT" will be observed on Monday, October 31st, from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Looking for Veterans to Honor at Our Assembly!
Park School will be having a short assembly honoring our veterans on Friday, November 11, 2022 at 9:45am. We would like to invite parents/relatives of our students who have served in the Armed Forces to attend this program. We would ask veterans to wear their uniforms, if possible. We would like to give each veteran an opportunity to share (1-5 minutes) with our audience their years of service, area of service in the Armed Forces, and what being a veteran means to them.
*Note: We are also asking that our Boy and Girl Scouts wear their uniforms for this day.*
KINDNESS MATTERS - STUFF THE TURKEY
Help Us “Stuff The Turkey” and Keep Geauga County Children Warm This Winter!
In celebration of World Kindness Day, Park School will be collecting new warm clothing items to donate to Geauga County Job & Family Services.
Bring your warm clothing items to school between November 1st-12th and “Stuff The Turkey” with Kindness!
New Items Only Please!
Ear Muffs Warm PJ’s
Snow Pants Blankets
For every clothing item donated, you will receive a feather to add to the turkey.
Thank you so much for your generosity and kindness!
Celebrate World Kindness Day on November 13th by doing something kind for someone!
Please Complete Your Annual Update
Please complete your students' Annual Update in Infinite Campus as soon as possible. This must be completed every year for every student, even if there are no changes. You can access Infinite Campus at https://www.chardon.k12.oh.us/InfiniteCampus.aspx. Instructions for completing the Annual Update can be found at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wGEVxsNj7djA7KPc7RXlbqoctDtjgSjDrqd89yr7i5g/edit
PBIS Positive Behavior Incentives
P - POSITIVE
A - ATTENTIVE
R - RESPONSIBLE
K - KIND
Park Ticket Winners This Week Are.....
1st Grade: Alina Hatmaker, Branson Porter
2nd Grade: Arianna Bilicic, Caleb Dingman, Makailey Eastwood, Nora Fullerman, Victoria Grampa, Elsie Jonovich, Elijah Lanstrum, Michael McArthur, Walter Muzic, Aidan Popp, Grant Rosplock
3rd Grade: Abby Johnston, Liam Lose, Griffin Mellin, Tadhg O'Brien, Dean Richter, Owen Wetzel, Amelia Zahn
The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd graders and their families will be invited to participate in the Sing for Santa event at the Cleveland Monsters game on Saturday, December 17th at 12 pm. This will be our second year participating and we had a great time last year. All staff members and their families are invited to attend, also! We'd love to have you there. To purchase tickets, you can visit https://www.chardon.k12.oh.us/TicketsDonations.aspx and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Staff/family tickets will be the $20 option. The deadline to purchase tickets is 12/1. Let me know if you have any questions!
Side note- Parents are responsible for their children at this event- no staff supervision :)
HALLOWEEN CLASS PARTY INFO
Check to see if your child's class has any spots that still need to be filled!
Painting the Blacktop!
LUNCH October 31st - November 4th
TUESDAY - Nacho Tuesday
WEDNESDAY - Italian Time - Meatball Sub
THURSDAY - Mini Corndogs
FRIDAY - Big Daddy's Pepperoni or Cheese Pizza
Daily Option - Tony's Galaxy Pizza
Snacks available to purchase! Rice Krispie Treats $.50, Chips $1.00, Fruit Snacks $0.75
Additional breakfast & lunch menus can be found on our website: https://www.chardonschools.org/FoodService.aspx
Park Elementary School
Tonia Seese, Secretary
Maureen Liechty, Clerical
Sarah Park, School Nurse & Renee Kolenich, Medical Assistant
The mission of the Chardon Local Schools is high achievement for all students, where learning is our most important work.