Tech 4 U
For the Week of September 13, 2016
Elementary Cheat Sheet: Introducing a Fresh New Look
Our Elementary Cheat Sheet has a whole new look in an easier to read format. To easily find the Cheat Sheet, simply click on the HCS Bookmarks in the upper left hand corner of your Chrome browser and scroll down to the bottom. You may also find the sheet in the signature of your tech coach's signature.
The New Google Sites Just Got Easier
Example - Elizabeth Lochamy, library, SMES
Osmo Coding features a hands on introduction to coding for your younger students. Students use blocks to code a character across the screen. Be sure to check out the YouTube link for additional information. You may contact your tech coach for a learning center demonstration.
Around the District Highlights
2. 3rd Grade Chromebook Rollout - Riverchase, 3rd Grade- Just one example of the excitement across the district.
3. Makey Makey makes an appearance this week in 4th grade as they study electricity and circuits. Contact your tech coach if you are interested in this lesson for your classroom.
We would love to come to your room and teach a lesson. Here are just a few of the lessons we are teaching in the classrooms.
- BreakoutEDU A Bad Case of Stripes (Context Clues) 3-5
- BreakoutEDU Digital Citizenship sessions for grades 2-5
- General BreakoutEDU
- Create a digital post card using Google Slides
- Create a Mystery Number, Person, Place, or Thing with Google Slides
- Lesson on Tour Builder
- Create Student Portfolios using Google Sites
- Pick from a number of Google Projects
- Graph data using Google Sheets
- Research lessons
- Technology Playground Centers
- Code Lessons
- Google Drive lessons with the Do's and Don'ts of creating a Google Slide Presentation
- Read an Augmented Reality Digital Book with a writing extension activity using Google Docs
- Reading Centers with iPad
- Digital Citizenship Lessons
- Research Lessons
We would love to learn from you! Please invite us into your classroom to see all the engaging ways you are using technology in your classroom.
Sara Carpenter's Schedule:
Wednesday- South Shades Crest
Thursday- Shades Mountain
Karen Darroch's Schedule:
Tuesday - Deer Valley Elementary
Wednesday - Bluff Park Elementary
Thursday - Greystone Elementary
Contact Karen to schedule
Link to Help Form: http://goo.gl/forms/FSrkrKVktU
Melanie Haynes's Schedule:
Contact Melanie to schedule
Jamie Nutter's Schedule:
Tuesday - Gwin
Wednesday - Green Valley
Thursday - Rocky Ridge
Got an App for That! Word Work Apps
- Little Speller
- Louie's Letter Challenge
- Build a Word Express
All of these are free!