Breaking in the Holiday Spirit 🎄
'Tis the Season 🔔
We are blessed this part of our 2022-2023 school year to have had many accomplishments, but the work is not done. As we close out 2022 we want to say THANK-YOU! for sending your child to Southern Guilford Middle School. We are partnering with you to make this a Culture of EXCEL-lence where every child can be their very best. Special shout out to our band, chorus and arts students that showcased their best on Thursday evening at our Winter Arts night. They are growing and progressing each day and we can't wait to see their gains in performance in the Spring. We are blessed to have an amazing staff that are committed to teaching and learning and have continued to see gains in learning. More great things are in store in 2023! Take time this Winter Break--December 19th-January 3rd to reflect with your child about their successes and their areas of growth so they are committed to Finish Strong in 2023.
Happy Holidays to you and your family from the SGMS KNIGHTS!!🎅🏼
- Students must come with a ONE CARD and AGENDA each day and have with them throughout the day including for Afterschool events
- Replacements are $5 for One Card and $2 for Agenda
- Students may not bring outside food unless it is their lunch in a lunch box
- Basketball on Monday @ Jamestown 4:45 pm boys play first
- Math 7 Interim Assessment 2 on Tuesday
- Natural helpers/student council meeting on Wednesday after school until 4:30
- Football team afterschool party on Wednesday 5:30-7:00 in Multipurpose room
- Basketball on Thursday @ SGMS vs Jackson Girls play first Concessions available
- ***Band fieldtrip canceled for Thursday
- Winter Break 12/19-1/3
- Grades 6-8 ELA interim assessment 2 on Friday 1/6
- End of Quarter 2 1/26
- Encore semester switch 1/30
Break into the Holiday spirit dress options if you choose:
As staff spread a little Holiday cheer with the countdown to Winter Break-Students may participate by showcasing the theme dress also, the more the merrier. Unique stand outs may get some holiday cheer thrown their way.
Tuesday-Show your festive spirit with elf ears, reindeer ears, or favorite holiday headband and coordinate with your favorite SGMS gear/swag!!
Wednesday-Holiday vacation destinations theme wear--Somewhere warm? Hawaii, Cancun, Somewhere cold? Alaska, Colorado
Thursday-Bring out your favorite holiday accessory pieces—think jewelry, necklaces, garland, hats, scarves, boots..
Friday- Showcase a Hallmark holiday card—dress like a winter scene, Frosty the snowman, Elf magic etc
🎅🏼 🎅🏼 🎅🏼 🎅🏼 🎅🏼
Prepping for the holidays | Self-care!
- This video has really easy tips for making beautiful holiday cookies
- This article from the Today Show has helpful ideas for $0 spending this holiday season
- This is a handy-dandy week-by-week guide of what to watch on Netflix (to simplify vacation binging...!)
- This blog post is rich with ideas for how to pamper yourself over vacation without spending a dime.
- And if you're not really feeling the holiday spirit this year, that's ok, too. This post has concrete, useful suggestions for how to tend to your own wellbeing.