Bertram Family Connection
February 8, 2021
- Wednesday, 2/10: 100th Day of School
- Friday, 2/12: Valentine's Day Parties (see below)
- Friday, 2/12: End of the Fourth Six Weeks- all student work due at 3:30 pm
- Monday, 2/15: Student Holiday
- Monday, 2/22: Bus Driver Appreciation Day
- Monday, 2/22: BCISD PreK Adoption Parent Night, 5:30 pm (see below)
- Tuesday, 2/23: UIL Contests for students in 2nd-5th Grade who are signed up
- March 15th-19th: Spring Break
Valentine's Day Parties
Teachers will be sending home specific information and needs for your child's classroom. Due to COVID, parents and volunteers are not able to attend Valentine's Day parties.
Lost and Found
All items that were found with a name on them were returned to students. Please help us send your child's items back home by putting your child's name on them.
Each quarter Region 16 publishes a newsletter to help families connect with their child's education. The newsletter contains a variety of parenting tips and informational articles.
Moving Between Remote and In-Person Learning
If you are learning remotely and would like your child to move back to in-person learning, please call the office one week before you would like your child to return to school. This allows teachers time to adjust furniture and set up dividers if needed.
Click here to log into Skyward Family Access to view your student's grades, attendance, progress reports, and report cards.
Daily In-Person Checklist
- Complete AT HOME self screening before getting on the bus or coming to school.
- Face coverings for all bus riders, and students in grades 1st-5th. Face coverings are strongly encouraged for PreK and Kinder. Remember wearing a face mask reduces your child's chance of having to quarantine for close contact.
- Bring your backpack including water bottle, snack, and lunchbox (if bringing lunch).
Visits to the school are by appointment. We will attempt to address situations by phone or Google Meet. In-person appointments can be scheduled if the situation requires. When visiting campus, please be prepared to show a valid photo ID.
If you do visit the school, face coverings are required for all adults at all times. This includes the office foyer area.
Due to COVID-19, we will not have any on campus volunteers at this time.
We are not accepting deliveries including forgotten lunches (hot meal will be provided by the cafeteria), birthday treats, and food orders.
If you need to make an occasional change to your child's transportation home, please use the Bertram Transportation Change email: email@example.com . Transportation changes must be emailed in no later than 1:30pm. Teachers will not be able to accept transportation changes.
Be familiar with the Arrival & Dismissal Map.
Complete an application for FREE or REDUCED priced lunch here. You can also add money to your child's lunch account by logging here.
Days marked in blue are Staff & Student Holiday OR Make-Up Day for Staff & Students. Students should be available to attend school. This applies to both in-person and remote learners.
Bertram Elementary School
- 7:15am Student Drop Off/ Breakfast
- 7:30am Office Opens by Appointment Only - Please call ahead
- 7:40am School Begins
- 7:45am Students arriving after this time are marked tardy
- 9:00am Students not in attendance are marked absent
- 1:30pm Any transportation changes DUE, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2:30pm All Early Checkouts must be complete - Remember to bring your picture ID to complete early check out
- 3:25pm Student Dismissal
- 3:45pm Office/School Closes