Mrs. Kurt's Math Class News
Week of September 19-23
- My kids did a great job on Quiz #2. I looked through the paper but not graded yet. I will get it done tonight and post the grades on FSA-Connect. I will send a notification via Remind as well.
- Today, we've started to learn about prime factorization. On Monday, We will extend the topic by learning L-method to find the prime factorization and GCF&LCM. I've recommended my kids to review the prime factorization over weekend. You will find the useful links below.
- As I announced earlier, HW policy is updated. From now on, it will be given Monday and due to the following Monday unless it is announced different.
- Following week, we will have division facts drill instead of warm up. As I see so far, it motivates the students and makes them aware that the current topics that we cover in math class requires mastery on multiplication and division facts. Please encourage them to practice.
- Fluency in math facts is crucial for students in order to progress successfully through math concepts. I would like all of my students master this before we move on those concepts. Please have them practice daily at home using flash cards and online games. Let me know if you need any help to find online resource. Here is one of the website. http://www.multiplication.com/games/all-games
- LCM&GCF of two numbers
- Quiz Review with Trashketball
- Prime factorization of numbers up to 50
- L-Method for Prime Factorization
- L-Method for GCF and LCM
- 4digit by 1-digit Multiplication with/without regrouping
Useful Lesson Videos
- Factor Tree Game http://www.mathplayground.com/factortrees.html
- Prime Factorization for LCM&GCF https://learnzillion.com/assignments/C8Y7KK8
- LCM practice game: http://www.fun4thebrain.com/beyondfacts/lcmsnowball.html
- GCF practice game: http://www.fun4thebrain.com/beyondfacts/gcfsketch.htm