Hubbard School Library E-News
November 14, 2014
HS & MS Media Center News
Special Mini Webinar! THIS MONDAY Monday, November 17, 2014 3:30-4:00pm
Getting Started with Storia: Ohio's 4th Grade eBook Collection
More info on this Webinar
Starting November 12th, Ohio's 4th grade teachers have free access to a special collection of 160 eBooks through Scholastic's Storia as part of a pilot program for the remainder of the 2014-15 school year. The 160 titles were specially chosen to support Ohio's 4th grade standards in English, math, social studies, and science. The project is the next phase of INFOhio's mission to provide free access to eBooks to all Ohio PreK-12 schools.
To learn more about Storia, watch this four-minute video from Scholastic.
In a nutshell, Storia: Ohio's 4th Grade eBook Collection:
- Gives 4th grade students and teachers free access to 160 fiction and nonfiction eBooks that support Ohio's New Learning Standards.
- Gives students special features--such as vocabulary look up, highlighting, and electronic notes--that increase comprehension.
- Gives teachers data about the active reading strategies students use and their scores on reading comprehension challenges for each book.
- Lets teachers assign books to the entire class, a small group, or an individual student.
Go to www.infohio.org/goto/getstoria and complete the request form. In addition here you will find other useful information like a getting started guide, user tips, system requirements, a list of titles and more
This information is from:
INFOhio | 35 E. Chestnut Street, 8th Floor | Columbus | OH | 43215
Hunger Games Event at Warren Public Library
- Saturday, November 15th at 2:00pm
- This program is for teens in grades 7-12 and will last approximately 2 hours.
- No registration is required
- Questions? Email: email@example.com
Hubbard MS Scholastic Book Fair
Use the links below to access the Media Center webpages
What's on your mind?
Below are links to technology resources -- this includes the computer lab and mobile lab schedules