Banning Lewis Academy Newsletter
Information for Kindergarten-12th Grade (January 7, 2022)
What's Happening at BLA!
What we have been up to…
- It is so nice to have staff and students back in the building! Students have jumped right back into their routines and learning.
- Teachers engaged in 2 full days in Kagan engagement training prior to students returning. Teachers are already implementing their learning!
- Thank you to PTO for our amazing Christmas gifts for staff. We love our new Banning cutting boards.
- January 12th there will be the PTO meeting in the library at 6:30pm.
- January 14th is an E-learning Day – No In-person School.
- January 17th is MLK Day – No School.
Welcome back and Happy New Year! A new year brings some new staff members to BLPA! We are welcoming James Kanaby as our new Anatomy and Physiology/MS PE teacher, Christie Grigg as our new part time Algebra 2 teacher, Elizabeth Gordon as our new 8th grade Math teacher, Eric Gordon as our new 7th grade Science teacher, Taylor Sorency as our new Assistant to the Student Services Office, Jeannie Young our MTSS teacher, and Jhuvin Palaganas as an Instructional Aide. More information about these teachers is included in the Prep Happenings sections of the newsletter.
Dress code reminder: Students wearing sweatshirts that are not dress code compliant will be asked to leave those sweatshirts in the main office until the end of the school day moving forward. If you need assistance getting a BLPA hoodie, please contact Mrs. Even or Mrs. Rehorst.
Please note: ALL lost and found items will be donated on January 13th!!
Winter Weather is Coming!
We are approaching the winter season when delays and cancellations begin to happen. Here is what to know:
- We follow D-49. If they call a 2 hour delay/cancellation, BLA will as well.
- BLA will send out an email, text blast, alert news stations, & post on Facebook, in addition to FlashAlert (instructions below)
- Create a new account
- Choose Colorado Springs/Pueblo
- Go to Private/Charter schools
- Choose Banning Lewis Academy
Parents, Please Join Us on the SAC!
The School Accountability Committee (SAC) is a group of BLRA and BLPA parents, teachers, and administrators who discuss topics mandated by the State of Colorado: review school performance and improvement plans, approve BLA’s use of Mill Levy tax funds, and make recommendations to the School Board for budget priorities. We meet bi-monthly and it's open to all. Please join us this year!
Next meeting is January (TBD)
Find info here: