May 24, 2021
LAST TIME FOR THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE AND NATIONAL ANTHEM
A special THANK YOU to all who participated in the Pledge and Anthem this school year. We appreciate you sharing your talents, your patriotism, and support for the United States of America and our school.
Jr. Dons Basketball Camp - June 1, 2, and 3
Small change to the Jr. Dons basketball camp.
The following are the new times on June, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.
4th and 5th graders- 10am-11am
6th graders- 11am-12pm
7th and 8th graders 12pm-1pm
STARS Assembly Broadcast
Our students have wide, far-reaching interests and talents and we thank them for sharing!
- Yearbooks will be distributed to students with fees and fines paid in full on WEDNESDAY MORNING.
- The remainder of yearbooks will be distributed on FRIDAY MORNING.
- Anyone who will be unable to pick up their yearbook this week can get them from the front office anytime this summer. There is no early yearbook pick up.
2021-2022 Student Council Representatives
President: Bronco Gordon
Vice-President: Halle Hawkins
9th Rep: Brielle Bills
9th Rep: Izabel Guzman
8th Rep: Madison Duval
8th Rep: Paige Creer
Secretary: Sophia Stutz
Public Relations: Oaklee Hamann
Media Specialist: Millie Jeffs
President: TJ Stewart
Vice-President: Weston Drysdale
9th Rep: Emily Jensen
9th Rep: PJ Ashworth
8th Rep: Kaiya Reynolds
8th Rep: Ethan Apsley
Secretary: Makayla Smith
Public Relations: Kadence Palmer
Media Specialist: Luke Mason
Last Days of School
During our last week of school from May 24 through May 28, students will have the opportunity
to wrap up the year and return items. Here is a schedule of items for the week:
- STARS ASSEMBLY - The annual Stars Assembly will go on and be broadcast on MONDAY, MAY 24 from 9:20am to 9:55am (during the latter part of 2nd period and the beginning of 3rd period) IN THE STUDENTS' 2ND PERIOD CLASSROOM.
- LOCKERS - if you have a locker this school year, you will need to have it cleared out and cleaned by TUESDAY, MAY 25 after school. Custodians will be changing locker combinations after this date and you will not have access to the locker after the 25th.
- CHROMEBOOKS - due on TUESDAY, MAY 25. Teachers will not be assigning additional online assignments so computers may be returned to the school. Chromebooks will be returned to the students' math class.
- EARLY YEARBOOK DISTRIBUTION - WEDNESDAY, MAY 26 will be EARLY yearbook distribution. Those whose fees and fines are paid in full will be able to pick up the yearbook they have ordered on this date. If fees and fines are unpaid, the student can pick up the yearbook on FRIDAY, MAY 28.
- FIELD DAY - We are excited to be able to allow students to have a field day on THURSDAY, MAY 27! This will include outdoor activities and fun.
- FEES AND FINES - we require fees and fines accrued this school year to be paid at the finance office by FRIDAY, MAY 28. This may be completed by calling the finance office or coming into the school.
- LAST DAY OF SCHOOL - on the last day of school, FRIDAY, MAY 28, NO BACKPACKS OR JACKETS WILL BE ALLOWED IN SCHOOL DURING THIS SHORTENED SCHEDULE DAY. All students will enter the front doors of the school only. All other doors will be locked. Just a yearbook and pen or pencil are needed.
Bell Schedules for the Last Week of School
- Tuesday and Wednesday will be regular classes and bell schedules.
- Thursday will be regular bell schedule, but classes will be dismissed to field day activities by grade throughout the day.
- Friday is a 1/2 day bell schedule and all students will attend all 7 classes.
- Attendance will be taken as usual all week.
Struggling to Pay for Internet Service?
The Federal Communications Commission has launched a temporary program to help families and households struggling to afford Internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Emergency Broadband Benefit provides a discount of up to $50 per month toward broadband service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for households on qualifying Tribal lands. Eligible households can also receive a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers.
You can learn more about the benefit, including eligibility and enrollment information, by visiting www.fcc.gov/broadbandbenefit, or by calling 833-511-0311
La Comisión Federal de Comunicaciones ha dado inicio a un programa temporal que ofrece ayuda a los hogares con problemas para pagar sus servicios de Internet durante la pandemia de COVID-19. El Beneficio De Emergencia Para Internet (EBB) te proporciona máximo $50 de descuento al mes para tu servicio de Internet; máximo $75 de descuento al mes para hogares elegibles en Territorios Tribales y un descuento único de hasta $100 por una computadora portátil, computadora de escritorio o una tableta electrónica a través de un proveedor participante.
Los hogares elegibles pueden inscribirse directamente a través de alguno de los proveedores de Internet participantes o a través de la Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC, por sus siglas en inglés), en línea o por correo.
Para obtener más información sobre este programa, incluyendo tu elegibilidad y cómo inscribirte, llama al 833-511-0311 o visita www.fcc.gov/bandaanchaprestacion
Monday, May 24 Youth Support Meeting @ 8:15am
Stars Assembly (Virtual)
Tuesday, May 25 Chromebooks Return – Math classes
Spring Band Concert @ 7:00pm @ SFHS
Wednesday, May 26 Yearbook Distribution – 1st period
Thursday, May 27 Field Day Activities
Friday, May 28 Last Day of School
Early out 11:15am - students attend all 7 classes