Want to know more about the eye?
By: Marissa Luckman
Clinical Trial Description
What is the Objective of this Clinical Trial?
- To collect as many blood, urine saliva and eye tissue samples from both individuals with eye diseases, and individuals without them. By doing this, our goal is to better understand not only the retina and the eye, but also why people respond to treatments differently, and why people develop eye problems while others do not.
How will this Trial Work?
- All volunteers will have an eye exam, during this exam, questions about individual medical records, as well as family medical records will be asked (mostly relating to eye diseases etc.)
- Different samples from the individual will be collected such as, blood, urine and saliva samples
- Some of the individuals tissue from their eye will be taken, and serve as a helpful testing tool.
- When all volunteers are dismissed from the testing area, trials will be done with the blood, urine and saliva samples taken from volunteers, as well as various tissues taken from different individuals eyes.
-Later on in the trial, conclusions will be drawn, and new information will be exposed to the public!
Who is Eligible?
- Individuals of any age are welcome to volunteer!
- Individuals with different types of eye disease are welcome
- Individuals with no types of eye disease are welcome
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult/parental guardian
- If you choose to participate in this fascinating trial you will be rewarded with $100.00 per family member that participates!
- Furthermore, to express our thanks, a dinner will be held in the "Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat Associates" Cafeteria that night for those who volunteered as well as their family and friends from 6-8:30 p.m.
Where and When?
If you are interested in volunteering for this trial, please come to the "Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat Associates" on 6035 Fairview Road in Charlotte NC, Saturday September 12th, 2015 at 11:00 a.m.. All volunteers will be allowed to leave at 2:30 p.m.
Questions and Concerns?
- If you or a loved one have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call "Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat Associates" at 704-295-3550.