Mrs. Greene's 3rd Grade
April 29, 2016
Another Week Down - Three to Go...
We finished ISTEP on Tuesday. Did your child tell you about our SECRET MESSAGE surprise? We celebrated our hard work with a little extra recess on Wednesday. That treat is ALWAYS a big hit!
The next few weeks of school are very important ones. We are finishing some large projects and rounding out the year reviewing important skills and concepts that your child has mastered. We will be very busy!
Scholastic Book order should be at school at the end of the week!
Don't forget that the INFORMATION WRITING PARENT OPEN HOUSE will be held Friday, May 20 from 11:00-11:45. We hope you can join us to celebrate our hard work!
Here is what is planned for next week:
- Main Idea - Details
- Information Writing - Publishing
- Revising/Editing with Mrs. Greene/Mrs. Townsley
- Grammar: Past Tense Verbs
- Simple Machines
- Rube Goldberg fun!
- Test over Chapter 11 - Tuesday, May 3
- We will visit the computer lab to work on "coding" skills
- Collaborative Learning Activities
- Begin Unit 12, Monday, May 9
Congratulations Kate L for passing ALL LEVELS of xtramath. Also, congratulations to Brandon for passing MULTIPLICATION in xtramath. Soooo proud of you!