CSinPA | January 2021
Goodbye, 2020. Hello, 2021!
We're more enthusiastic than ever about CSinPA, motivated by these highlights from 2020:
We celebrated the end of our 2018-19 PAsmart Targeted Grant cohorts and welcomed educators into our 2019-20 cohorts.
Inspired by the discussion and collaboration of the 300+ in attendance at our virtual CSforAll-PA Summit in June, we restructured the CSforAll-PA Schoology course to support the community year-round.
We added several opportunities for professional learning and technical assistance:
7-12 CS Praxis Prep pathway
K-8 Virtual pathway + Train the Trainer program
SCRIPT statewide workshop and Train the Trainer program
Monthly CSforAll-PA meet-ups
Monthly drop-In office hours for K-8 and 7-12 CS educators
We created new resources and communication structures:
- Monthly newsletter + Schoology course
- CS Administrator and CS Teacher Toolkits
- Database of 2019-20 PA K-12 CS course-taking data
- 7-12 CS certification and exam FAQs + supplemental resources
We sought new ways to engage families in CS learning:
- Family Night: Coding, a one-hour special produced in collaboration with Pennsylvania PBS, airing on all PA PBS stations and available online
- National Family Code Nights, live, virtual events hosted by CS is Elementary
A few things we're looking forward to sharing in 2021:
- CSinPA Build|Fly|Code professional learning program
- PaTTAN Ed-SLAM (Showcase of Learning, Adapting, and Modeling) one-day symposium
- CS Family Toolkit
- CS Equity Guide for Administrators
CSinPA in January
CSforAllPA Monthly Meet-Up
Jan. 20, 3:00 - 4:00 pm
Equity in Computer Science
Monthly Drop-in Office Hours
Jan. 26, 3:00 - 5:00 pm
Drop by our Zoom rooms to chat with us about CS education. No registration needed.
K-8: Click here to join via Zoom
7-12 Praxis Prep Pathway
Additional seats opening this month. Learn more here.
2019-20 PAsmart Targeted Grant Pathways
Day 6 underway now. The pathway will conclude on February 26.
The cohort will meet on January 25 for a full-day workshop. Instead of the January 26 workshop, we will have 3 two-hour sessions March-May with multiple time slots in addition to the asynchronous activities.