Week of Jan 9, 2022
Working together; succeeding together.
We are priviledged to share Treaty 6 Territory traditional lands of the Cree, Dene, Saulteux, Ojibwaya and the Metis Nation.
Casual Custodians Needed
Alright 2022, You've Got One Job.
Unfortunately, we have placed some restrictions on extracurricular and will increase our vigilance with our students, especially elementary, in terms of cohorting. This is not great, but our conversation has changed from fears for safety to concerns with isolating for periods of time. This isolation period will be alleviated once we (or our students) are fully vaccinated. To consider where we came from in March 2020, we have made great strides and that should be celebrated.
I think, like most of us, I have come to terms with the fact that COVID will be a part of our lives for a very long time, but seeing the progress we have made in how we handle it creates optimism in me. I applaud the work that has been done by all levels of governance, but most especially at the local levels in our communities, school divisions, and schools. I think that we have worked very hard to make things as normal as we could while first and foremostly protecting the safety of our people and most recently protecting our workforces to ensure we can stay open. This work has not been without sacrifice and I think that the last 2 years will go down in history, marking those who made sacrifices in the name of the greater good. I once again am humbled at how supportive our community (school and beyond) has been as we continue (and will continue) to navigate uncharted waters. I have asserted from the very beginning and continue to believe that Together, we got this!
If you are looking for Bus Cancellation information, click on the Our School section of the website and choose Bus Cancellations from the drop down. This is often updated even before we are at the school, especially in the morning.
Healthy Snack Ideas
Incidental visits, such as dropping off or picking up students, dropping off lunches, etc do not require proof of vaccine or negative test. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the school.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding.
Seen Around PPCS (and Beyond)
Grade 7 PAA Fighting Tops
Athletes of the Week
This week's Male Athlete of the Week is Keith Stewart. Although he is in grade 12, this is Keith's first year on our Sr. Boys Basketball team. He has quickly made a name for him self being a reliable all-around player and a great contribution to the team.
Congratulations to both our athletes and thank you for being an awesome part of the Bears family!
We Want Fans in the Stands
- You only come if you are feeling well.
- Provide proof of vaccination or a negative test (48h).
- You wear a mask at all times when in the building
- Sanitize your hands upon entering and frequently while in the building
- Complete our contact tracing list upon entry
- Show our Bears how awesome they are by cheering loudly (albeit through a mask).
Hot Lunches are Back!!
Awana Kids Club
For Kindergarten-Grade 6!
It’ll run each Thursday from right after school gets out until 5:10pm.
Kids can come to the old elementary school (QCP) and enter through the back double doors!
Games, live music, and learning time every week!
Free to register!
Call Heidi at 306-278-7883 or Desi at 306-865-6350 if you have any questions!
New COVID Protocols
If you receive a letter from the school or health explaining that your child has been close contact...
- If your child is fully vaccinated (at least 2 weeks from their 2nd dose). They can attend school and all activities as long as they are symptom-free.
- If your child is not or is unable to be fully vaccinated, they can attend school as long as they are symptom-free but must isolate from all extracurricular (school and non) activities for a period of 10 days from exposure.
- We strongly recommend using rapid testing to monitor status, regardless of symptoms.
- If your child becomes symptomatic, regardless fo vaccine status, you should contact 811 and follow their instructions.