King Philip Middle School
May 22, 2023
This Week at a Glance
KPMS Announcements & Reminders
From the Health Office: Medication Pick-up
The end of the year is approaching soon. If you have medication stored in the health office for your child, please make sure to pick-up the medication by Friday, June 16th. Medications that are not picked up by this date will be disposed of properly per Massachusetts regulations.
Please contact the middle school nurses at (508) 541-3457 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
PTSO Gym Apparel Fundraiser
The PTSO Gym Apparel Fundraiser is open now through June 2 at midnight. It will also be open again in August for two weeks. Please use the link below if you would like to order King Philip items for physical education classes.
- All of the proceeds from this fundraiser are used to create events and educational opportunities for King Philip Middle School students.
- Please be aware that families are not required to purchase these items. The only requirement from the school is that you have a yellow top and green bottoms for gym.
- Please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery of items after store has closed.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Save the Date for the KPMS Fine Arts Showcase!
Eighth Grade End of Year Events
Canobie Lake Field Trip - Permission & Payment Due by Friday, May 26
Please make sure to fill out the permission form on FamilyID to attend the 8th Grade Canobie Lake Field Trip on Friday, June 16. All field trip forms and payment are due by Friday, May 26.
8th Grade Dance - Friday, June 9
This year's theme is "Miami Vibes." It will take place on Friday, June 9, from 7:00 - 9:00 PM at KPMS.
Please click on the link below for information about the dance and purchasing tickets.
Grade 8 Awards Night - Tuesday, June 13
We will be holding a Grade 8 Awards Night on Tuesday, June 13, from 6:30 - 7:30 PM at the KP High School Auditorium. We will be giving out the President's Awards for Educational Excellence and for Educational Achievement, announcing the American Citizenship Award winners, and will be recognizing students for work in different subject areas.
Students and their families will be notified during the week of May 22 if they will be receiving an award on that evening.
For 7th Graders -- DARE to Dream Summer Day Program
2023 Summer Registration is open for the DARE to Dream Summer Program.
- Current 7th Graders attend July 10-14
- Registration is due by June 2
Follow the link for registration information: DARE to Dream 2023
Norfolk Master Plan Workshop
Did you miss the kickoff event for the Norfolk Master Plan forum? Join us for a workshop!
The Town is hosting a virtual workshop on Wednesday, May 24 at 7pm to hear how households with children and young adults experience Norfolk. We hope you can join us! Register for the Zoom event here: mapc.ma/norfolkworkshop.
We also invite you to participate in a survey. We want to hear what your vision and hopes are for Norfolk.
Learn more about the Master Plan: mapc.ma/norfolk2035
From Food Services
KPMS Main Lunch
Monday, May 22 - Stuffed Crust Pizza, Grilled Hot Dogs, Baked Beans, Caesar or Chicken Caesar Salad or Wrap
Tuesday, May 23 - Rotini w/Meatballs and Pasta Sauce, Chicken Patty Sandwich, Garden Salad, Asian Chicken Salad or Wrap
Wednesday, May 24 - Sal's Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks w/Marinara Sauce, Fajita Chicken Wrap, Chef Salad, Turkey Gobbler Wrap
Thursday, May 25 - Homemade Chili w/ Nacho Chips, Cheese Sauce, Corn, Crispy Chicken Caesar Salad or Wrap
Friday, May 26 - Sal’s Cheese or White Garlic Pizza, Crispy Chicken Patty Sandwich, Salad– Chef’s Choice
Served Daily: Cheeseburgers, Hamburgers, Veggie Burgers, Pizza, Sandwiches, Vegetarian Salad, Vegetarian Wrap, Yogurt Parfait
Served daily with all meals: Fruit, Juice, Vegetables
Important School Dates
- Monday, May 29 - No School, Memorial Day
- Wednesday, May 31 - Early Release (11:00 AM), Staff Professional Development
- Tuesday, June 6 - Schoolwide MAP Growth Testing in Reading, 7:35-9:30 AM
- Wednesday, June 7 - Schoolwide MAP Growth Testing in Math, 7:35-9:30 AM
- Wednesday, June 7 - KPMS Fine Arts Showcase, 5:00-8:00 PM
- Friday, June 9 - Grade 8 Dance, 7:00 - 9:00 PM, KPMS
- Tuesday, June 13 - KPMS Grade 8 Awards Night, 6:30-7:30 PM, KP High School Auditorium
- Thursday, June 15 - Grade 8 Field Day & Cookout
- Friday, June 16 - Grade 8 Field Trip; Grade 7 Field Day
- Monday, June 19 - No School, Juneteenth
- Tuesday, June 20 - Last Day of School, Early Release - 9:40 AM
Please follow the KP Regional School District on Social Media!
News Blog: KingPhilipNews.org
KPMS Instagram: kingphilipms
King Philip Middle School
Location: 18 King Street, Norfolk, MA, USA
Principal, King Philip Middle School