We Are Together Tamanend!
January 15, 2014
Kelly Anne Dolan Service Project Kick Off!
At Tamenend, the KAD Service Project is a way for our students, our staff, and our community, to join Mrs. Dolan and everyone she works with, to families in need. It is a way to reach beyond ourselves, and come together, each in our own way, to make a big difference.
There are lots of ways to get involved. This Thursday after school, Moe's Southwest Grill will help us raise money for the Fund between the hours of 4 - 9 p.m. Come out to see our teachers roll burritos and serve up chips for KAD! To learn more about the Fund and how to get involved, please click on the link below to our TMS + KAD 2014 flyer.
What is Happening in the Library?
January's Boomerang Asset from C B Cares
January's Boomerang Asset is Service to Others: Young person values service to others in their family, school, or community. S/he commits to meaningful and caring actions.
Please take a moment to complete the online nomination form for a Tamanend student who demonstrates Service to Others. Nominations are due January 20th.
2nd Marking Period Ends January 24th
Martin Luther King, Jr. - National Day of Servicce
Monday, Jan. 20th, 9am
Doylestown, PA, United States
Help Tamanend While You Shop or Recycle
If you use the following vendors, please think about supporting TMS while you shop and recycle:
- If you shop at Target and have a Target Red Card, you can register your card for Target's Take Charge of Education program so that Tamanend receives a percentage of your spending.
- Giant Food Store has an A+ School Rewards program through their clip-less coupon card. Note, each year you need to reselect Tamanend so that your shopping benefites TMS.
- Use this link to connect to Amazon to shop and Tamanend can earn as much as 15% of what you purchase!
- Clip and send in Box Tops to the attention of NJHS; or, shop at the Box Top Market Place where you will find vendors such as Best Buy, KMart, Justice and more.
- If you like to shop online, check out the eScrip Online Mall. When you sign up for an account, selecting Tamanend earns money for our school.
- When you recycle your paper using our Abitibi bin located at the back of our Main Parking Lot, you have not only helped the environment, you help TMS, too.
Notes from Previous Tamanend Connections:
Teen Cooking Classes:
Teen Cuisine is an exciting 6 week program starting on January 23 at Tohickon Middle School. Students will learn how to eat healthfully, be active, and build personal skills to live well for a lifetime. The program will run on Thursday evenings from 6:15-8:00 PM.
Teen Now You're Cookin'! will run on Thursday evenings at Tohickon from 6:15-8:00 PM throughout the month of March. Students will learn to prepare and taste two new dishes during each class. A physical activity will also be part of the program.
Students can come alone or with a friend. Students do not need to be accompanied by an adult. These programs are a great way for them to meet new friends and stay active over the cold winter months. Click here for more information. To register, go to www.StMaryhealthcare.org/Kidshape, or contact Joann Dorr at 215-710-4590, or jdorr@StMaryHealthcare.org.
- KAD T-shirts are on sale in the Guidance Office for $12.00, or two for $20!
- There is a Parent Portal app for your smartphone. Click here for more information.
- Click here to view previous Tamanend Connections from 2013-2014.
- For information about Tamanend's 2013-2014 Yearbook, click here.
- We frequently conduct safety drills here at Tamanend Middle School to ensure that our students are prepared for various types of emergencies. It is important that your student dresses appropriately for weather, including shoe choices.
- Because the Parent Portal allows parents/guardians to check student progress on a regular basis, we will no longer print and send home interim progress reports. We encourage all parents/guardians to log in and check the Parent Portal on a weekly basis. Parents have access to current grades, assignments, attendance, and more.
- Students may not arrive to school in the morning until 7:10 AM. That is when staff members are available to supervise students.
- Parent Volunteers Needed! Please sign up using our online form. Code word = tms.
- Click here to learn about CBSD efforts against bullying and for resources helpful to parents on this important subject and more.
- We need parents, students and staff for our Wellness Committee. If you are interested in helping with a fitness program after school, starting a vegetable garden in our courtyard, or have some other ideas to help our students and staff "go green" and stay fit, please contact Mrs. Mary McDonald, Mrs. Lauren Myrtetus and Ms. Brenda Scheffey about becoming involved in our Wellness Committee.
- 2013-2014 CBSD Calendar
To receive text alerts from CBSD, click here.