A Peek at our Week
Mrs. DeCook's Class 9/28-10/2
*Weekly homework journals are due on assigned days. Library is every Friday.
- Inferring Character Traits
- Character Perspective and Motive
- Analyze Interactions between Characters
- Character Analysis Test Talk
Digital Writing Unit
- Using Technology Everyday
- Techno Talk
- Website Scavenger Hunt
- Digital Footprint
- Acceptable Use (using the internet safely and efficiently)
We will also discuss having pen pals with a classroom in Illinois.
- Map Scavenger Hunt
- Interpreting a Map
The first spelling test will be this Friday, October 2nd. Students received their words last week. Last week students sorted the word in class with me and wrote spelling sentences. This week they will complete three word work activities in class. They are encouraged to sort their words at home with the list they were given and to study for their test.
*Students are in groups and I will upload the lists to my website by Monday.
Upcoming Events/Classroom News
- There is no school on Monday, October 12th due to Parent/Teacher Conferences (a link will be sent with sign-up times by the end of the weekend.)
- Wednesday, October 7th is College Awareness Day. Students are encouraged to wear their favorite college gear on this day.
- PTO Spirit Orders have been delayed being received from the vendor and we apologize for any inconvenience. The t-shirts are now expected to be sent home on Wednesday, Sept. 30th and the water bottles will be sent home on Oct. 7th.
- Follow our class on Instagram- @mrsdecook