- September 5 - Labor Day NO SCHOOL
- September 8 - PTC Meeting 7pm Zoom
- September 10 - Mount Prospect Celebration of Cultures
- September 17 - Mount Prospect 5-0 5k
- September 20 - Board of Education Meeting 7pm
- September 22 - PTC Monet Night 6:30pm
- September 26 - Non-Attendance Day NO SCHOOL
- September 27 - Fall Panorama window begins
Thursdays - Late Start
- Playground supervision begins at 9:20am.
- Students enter the building at 9:35am
- The school day begins at 9:40am
Safety Day - September 6
Each of the drills emphasize an options-based approach led by the teacher to ensure the safest response possible. Drills will be announced and will consist of age-appropriate teaching and discussion so that students understand what to do in each situation. The Mount Prospect Police and Fire Departments will be present to observe the drills.
We do NOT act out lockdown situations. If you would like to opt your child out of the lockdown drill, please contact Mr. Timmins.
While we understand and appreciate their value in ensuring student safety, cell phones and smartwatches that are capable of making calls/texts that are brought to school are expected to be turned off and remain out of sight during the school day. Supervised use of phones is available in the classroom or the office if students need to contact their parents/guardians.
We ask that families please not interact with their child using these devices during the school day so the students can stay focused.
Upcoming Activity - Chorus
Do you have a student in 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade who likes to sing? If so, they might be interested in joining chorus at Indian Grove! Chorus is an after-school activity that meets on Tuesdays from 3:40 - 4:25 PM. For more information, please email Ms. Van Eck at email@example.com.
3rd grade chorus begins on September 6th; 4th and 5th grade chorus starts on September 13th!
22-23 Breakfast & Lunch Menus
Picture Retake Day
Required Paperwork - October 14 Deadline
- Physical Exam
- Physical Examination-Immunization Form
*Please note that the top portion on the second page of this form must be completed and signed by a parent or guardian.
- New 1st Graders to the District - If you have gotten a physical within the last year, that paperwork should be acceptable.
- Physical Examination-Immunization Form
- Vision Exam
DUE BY OCTOBER 14, 2022
Please continue to be aware of the Covid symptoms and test (at-home is fine) if any are present:
- Fever of 100.4 degrees or higher
- New onset of moderate to severe headache
- Shortness of breath
- New cough
- Sore throat
- New loss of sense of taste or smell
- Fatigue from an unknown cause
- Muscle or body aches from an unknown cause.
Please contact the school if your student has a positive test result. The 5-day isolation period begins on the first day of symptoms or, if asymptomatic, the day of the positive test result.
The Covid-19 Update page of the district website has been updated with the guidelines for the 2022-2023 school year.
We are so excited to have the opportunity to bring back field trips, parties, and events! Please take a few seconds to fill out THIS FORM even if you are not interested in volunteering, This is the only way your child’s head room parent can send photos from class parties, information on class gifts, etc.
If you have any questions, please email Amanda Marcus at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spirit Wear Sale - Deadline to Order is SEPTEMBER 2!
September Dine & Share @ Hubby's
Join us for the first dine and share of the school year at a local favorite, Hubby's in the Dog House!
Stop by between 10:30am and 3pm on Saturday and Sunday, September 10th and 11th and mention Indian Grove for them to donate 20% back to the PTC!
Hubby's is located at 208 S Main Street in downtown Mount Prospect. Hope to see you there!
Community 5k with the Mount Prospect Police Department
Register to walk/run with our local police partners and many district teachers and administrators! If you aren't able to walk/run we'd love to see you along the route cheering!