Newsletter 2nd November 2022
Levin East School
Kia ora tātou,
Thank you for the feedback on our draft definition of engagement, it is really helpful as we go forward.
Recently we have had a small number of students using devices inappropriately. Please remind your child that our computer filters pick up everything and that they have a responsibility to use their devices responsibly and respectfully. I have spoken to those children I have needed to. Thanking you for your support in advance.
Aue! November has arrived. I really feel like it has snuck up on us. Another busy couple of weeks ahead. Tomorrow our Cross Country team head to Poroutawhao to compete in the Interschool event. We wish them all the best, knowing they will represent themselves and their kura with pride.
Friday is a BIG day! At 10:45am our Kapahaka perform at Waiopehu College in Te Ahurei o Horowhenua. They are excited to be involved and I look forward to watching them. They make me very proud.
Following on in the afternoon (12:30 start) is our Colour Dash. We all really love this event and seeing the laughs, smiles and shenanigans that go on. Hopefully, we will see you there.
Have a great week, looking forward to seeing you at the events as they roll out.
Ngā mihi mahana
DIARY THESE DATES
- Tomorrow: Thursday 3rd November: Interschool Cross Country at Poroutawhao
- Friday 4th November: 10:45 Te Ahurei o Horowhenua Festival (Waiopehu College)
- Friday 4th November: 12:30 Colour Dash
- Monday 7th November: Kōhuri team to Wellington Zoo
- Monday 7th November: Junior School Cross Country (1:30pm)
- Friday 11th November: Fire Drill (10:15am)
- Wednesday 16th November: Teachers' paid Union Meetings (more info to come)
- Wednesday 23rd November: Community Morning Tea (10am)
- Thursday 1st December: Te Whanake Team trip
- Thursday 15th December: School closes at 12:30 for the end of term.
KidsCan are a wonderful supporter of our school.
Noel Leeming is delighted to again be supporting KidsCan by raising funds with our Friends and Family Promotion this November. With your help, we hope to make a difference by providing the essentials Kiwi kids need to learn, with 2.5% of the total sales from this event being donated to KidsCan. Last year's event raised over $8,400 for KidsCan.
This offer is open to our staff and our community. It gives everyone the opportunity to unlock amazing deals during the two-week period, starting on Monday October 31st and running through until Sunday November 13th, 2022.
REPORTING AN ABSENCE
If your child/ren are absent from school please let us know by either:
Telephoning the office on 06 3687494 and leaving a message on the absence line.
Texting: 021 1286225 or via the Levin East School App
Wild Rose Florist
LZ Tech Services