September 2021 4-H Update
Achievement Applications (Record Books)
It's that time of year again! Achievement Applications, formerly known as Career Portfolios (and before that-Record Books!) are due on September 20. This is a great tool to encourage the educational aspects of 4-H. The members have planned and presented their projects, this is the completion phase where they describe what they did and what they learned. Achievement Applications are available online and may be downloaded in Word, PDF or Google Docs. Please complete the form online (or ask the office for a hard copy the youth can write on) and print for judging. Please note, Livestock Expense forms are available from the office or will be sent in an email. These are great teaching tools for your youth, but are for your information only. Please do NOT include them in the Achievement Application.
- Current Year Application in Book (Keep previous years in your scrapbook at home).
- Photos may be included! Please put a caption with all photos.
- Graphs, tables, paragraphs, etc. All OK! What is the best way to tell your 4-H Story from 2021? Creativity is encouraged!
- Page Limits-these are the TOTAL pages you can use (Including pictures).
- Juniors (ages 8-14, 4-H Age) 3 Pages
- Seniors (Ages 15-18, 4-H Age) 4 Pages
- SENIORS-if you want to apply for a STATE Record Book, National Congress, National Conference or Foundation Scholarships, please let Debbie know.
County Fair Awards
Shooting Sports Instructor Workshops
In order to lead a club, county, or multi-county 4-H shooting sports program, instructors must be certified by Nebraska 4-H. Volunteers must attend a leader certification training designed to cover the needed knowledge and guidelines to become a certified 4-H club instructor. 4-H instructor certification workshops are conducted several times each year by a team of state 4-H instructors. October Certification Opportunities:
- October 15, Shotgun Leader Update-Ashland NE
- October 16, Instructor Worship,Ashland Gun Club, Ashland, NE
- October 23, Instructor Workshop, Frontier County Fairgrounds, Stockville, NE