Growing up in the Digital age
Children and Screen time
- Tech skills are often learnt before life skills, things such as tying shoelaces is learnt AFTER knowing how to use a phone.
- Kids should be spending their childhood outside playing games, riding bikes and participating in sports, but instead so much time is being wasted indoors on technology devices.
- Health issues can arise from not being active, which these technology based games don't require. Children's imaginations decrease from not having to think of something to do or play.
- Children may lose the ability to be able to socialise with other kids, as the games they play only require one player.
- There is a risk of Kids playing on devices unmonitored by a responsible person. various apps or games can ask questions which your children may answer unknowingly putting themselves at danger.
There are many positives and negatives about children growing up in the digital age that parents need to be aware of, for their kids safety and well being.