Giving Back to the Community
Ideas of how to give back:
2. Shop at a new small business in your area every couple of days. They need help getting their feet off the ground.
3. Find a homeless shelter and volunteer there. You'd be surprised how many amazing people with insane stories worth hearing that you could find.
4. Donate to charities and foundations that go to helping your community.
5. Donate clothes and food to shelters and pantries.
6. Plant some trees at your local park. Pick up the trash while you're there.
7. Big brothers, big sisters
8. Help at libraries or schools.
Places in Joliet
The Will County Humane society also offers community service opportunities.
charity- the voluntary giving of help, typically in the form of money, to those in need.
volunteer- a person who freely offers to take part in an enterprise or undertake a task.
relief- a feeling of reassurance and relaxation following release from anxiety or distress.
distress- extreme anxiety, sorrow, or pain
deplorable- shockingly bad in quality.
burdened- cause (someone) hardship or distress.