Inspire Family Newsletter
News and updates for families of Inspire students
January 15, 2021
Dear Inspire Families:
As we head into the three-day weekend, I am taking a moment to reflect on ways I might observe Martin Luther King day on Monday as a "day on, not a day off." The legacy of King and the Civil Rights Movement--centered in non-violent protest--sought the inclusion of all Americans in democracy and called for an end to the disenfranchisement of Black Americans in the voting process. For King, the idea of America as a Beloved Community based on justice, equal opportunity, and love for one's fellow human was both essential and attainable. As you consider how you and your family might celebrate the day, here are some resources to guide the conversation:
1) You might see it as a Day of Action, serving to better your community through volunteer work. Visit the AmeriCorps website to learn more and search opportunities to volunteer in our area.
2) You might see it as a Day of Learning and Reflection. PBS has some wonderful resources to learn more about the Civil Rights Movement and the men and women who contributed to positive change.
We are living in a time of tremendous change, watching history unfold before our eyes. For me, it's been difficult to monitor my news intake, to focus on the task before me, and to combat the feelings of helplessness that can paralyze me. This weekend is an opportunity to remember that we are in this together. We share a common endeavor, as parents and educators, to prepare young people to lead positive change in our society.
As always, I am so grateful for your partnership, support, honest feedback, and good ideas. Don't hesitate to call or email any time.
With gratitude and hope,
Parent/Guardian Information Meeting
You are invited to join us for the Parent/Guardian Information Meeting on Thursday, January 21 at 6 p.m. The meeting will be held via Zoom, and will include:
- Updates and information about school reopening
- Butte County COVID-19 information and resources
- Resources for supporting students learning from home
- Q and A discussion
To join, click on the link below:
Becky Brown is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Parent Information Meeting: January 21
Time: Jan 21, 2021 06:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 915 7656 7924
Cap & Gown Deadline: TODAY!!
- January 15th is the deadline to order your Cap & Gown: go to the Herff Jones website to order!!!
- The basic Cap & Gown order is only $35 but there are some other packages that you may want to check out for hoodies, keychains, jewelry, lanyards etc.
- Graduates will be able to keep the gown.
- Financial help is available.
- Questions? Contact Sandy Gonzalez for more information.
Attention senior parent/guardians- The time has come to commemorate and honor your senior in the 2021 yearbook with a senior tribute. Senior tributes are on sale now through February 16, but they will be created on a first come, first serve basis, with limited space. Create and pay online with a credit card, or pay with cash/check using this form.
Questions? contact firstname.lastname@example.org
-The Anthology Yearbook Staff
Be sure to buy your yearbook now, before prices go up!
From now to April 30th the yearbook will be $85 and starting May 1st it will go to $90.
- Paying with credit card? CLICK HERE and enter school code 16210.
- Paying with cash or check? Fill out the order form and bring exact payment amount (not able to make change) to the front office during office hours.
Email email@example.com with questions.
School Pictures: Inspire Style
INTRODUCING.... A new & improved school portrait-- using that creativity that Inspire is all about!
We are asking that each student sends in a portrait either taken by themself, or by you/someone else in the household. We are looking for front facing, head/shoulders, plain(ish) background, good quality-no light glares/weird shadows, school appropriate, high resolution image, no snapchat or other filters, photo must be from this school year (Aug-Now), etc. Besides these parameters, please be creative! Submit by February 19.
How: upload using hjeshare, school code 16210, portraits button, include the student's grade and advisor in the prompts
Student IDs: Drive-Up Style
Is your student in need of a valid ID card (no purchase necessary), or would you like formal school portraits to purchase for friends and family?
These photos will not be used in the yearbook. Lifetouch will be here January 19 from 4-6pm, for a drive-up style photo event. Please drive into the entrance gate, and have your student wait in the car in the order you arrived. Someone will greet your masked student, walk them to the photographer, have their picture taken, then walk them back to the vehicle.
If you would like picture day order forms, they will be available in the front office. Student's can pick up a copy during their tech exchange Monday, January 11, any other time the office is open, or when you come for photos.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
YEARBOOK NEEDS YOUR HELP - SUBMIT PHOTOS TODAY
We aren't on campus gathering pictures of classes and events like usual, so we need you to help submit photos of what school is like for your student at home! Send us photos of your WINTER BREAK!
Here are ways to participate:
- Use the app HJeShare (school code 16210) to upload photos
- Use hjeshare.com (school code 16210) to upload photos
- Email photos to email@example.com
- Tag photos with #2021InspireYBK on Instagram
- Answer questions asked on instagram @inspireyearbook
- Buy your book on yearbookordercenter.com (school code 16210)
Any Medium, Virtual Community Silent Art Auction Submissions - NEEDED!
Calling all creatives and community artists! The Inspire Production Team is looking for people who would like to create art for our to raise funds for our upcoming productions -- The Phantom of the Opera and Alice in Wonderland!
We are accepting any type of art medium: painting, drawing, pottery, ceramics, chalk, pastels, digital, culinary, carvings, sewing, jewelry, crafting, or anything else inspired by these classic tales.
For additional information contact firstname.lastname@example.org Subject Line: “Art Auction” or to express interest fill out the following submission form: https://forms.gle/scx84pfo31oveeDV7. Have fun with it, and let your imagination run wild!
NOTE: All content must be school appropriate.
We're proud to present a new webinar series designed to support parents and their teenage children in building skills and creating stronger connections.
The Parenting Teens Educational Series is a series of one-hour online training sessions and talks. From helping teens deal with trauma and crisis, to fostering a healthy transition from middle to high school, to building positive mental health, to engaging in constructive social discourse, and more, we’re bringing parent speakers, educators, and experts in to tackle the issues that matter most to parents, teens, and families.
Now more than ever, tuning in and supporting the well-being of our families couldn’t be more important. Each session of the Parenting Teens Webinar Series will support you in enhancing your understanding of a range of challenging topics, supporting social emotional growth in teenagers, and building stronger communication and connection within your family. Participants will have the opportunity for Q&A with our presenters at the end of each webinar.
To register, and learn more, visit www.InspireChico.org/learning-inspired
Need to talk to about their schedule?
In need of emotional support?
Let us help!
Office Hours: Mon – Fri 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
Tasha Teeter -students last names beginning A-K
Marcus Hopkins – students last names beginning L-Z
How to do Progressive Muscle Relaxation
In this time of increased stress and anxiety, it's essential to find intentional moments of calm. The video below takes you step by step through the process of focusing on the body in order to relax.
DON'T MISS OUT ON THE NEW CAMPUS' NAMING OPPORTUNITIES!
Naming a part of the school is a wonderful way to leave a reminder of your generosity or honor a family member or alumni.
Additionally, ALL donations are matched – making your donation even more significant. If you would like to leave a lasting legacy, please contact our Development Director to discuss available options. All pledges can be made over a two year period. We want to work with you and your passion for the future of this school and the thousands of students who will pass through these doors.
Though students are not on campus, attendance is mandatory for both your daily classes and Friday afternoon Advisory.
Distance Learning Attendance Expectations:
- Teachers will track attendance for the duration of class.
- Students are required to log in, on time, at the beginning of each period and remain logged in until excused.
- If a student cannot make a class period, a parent/guardian must call or email attendance as usual.
- Students should stay in communication with their teachers.
To leave a message on the Attendance Line please call (530) 891-3133.
More information HERE.
WHO YOU GONNA CALL?
- Call and leave a message at (530) 891-3133 or
- email email@example.com
For general questions, or material appointments:
- Call the front office at (530) 891-3090
For technology assistance:
- Call or email Ken Hardy
- (530) 891-3090 x209 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To speak with your child's teacher:
- Call or email by visiting the "Staff" page on our Inspire website.
To speak with the Principal/Superintendent:
- Call (530) 230-7758 or email email@example.com