LAF Email Blast
Early Dismissal - Friday, January 15th. School ends at 12:45 p.m.
No School: Monday, January 18th in observance of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
One School, One Book
We hope that you are enjoying reading The World According to Humphrey as a family. Please read the next three chapters during the upcoming week.
- Week of 1/18 – Chapters 4, 5, 6
Listed below are some questions and vocabulary to support your discussions at home.
- What would your classroom look like to Humphrey? Describe the classroom from the perspective of a hamster.
- Why does Humphrey think the students’ names are Lower-your Voice-A.J. and Wait-for-the-Bell-Garth?
- Why does Aldo say Ritchie better have a clean desk?
- Mrs. Brisbane gets upset when she sees the mess around Humphrey’s cage. What little things make you upset?
Vocabulary: If you are not sure of the meaning, turn to the page noted and use the context clues to determine the meaning of each word listed.
- inkling (page 5)
- gnawed (page 12)
- muttering (page 20)
LAF Webpage Lesson Schedules Update
The lesson schedules for Band and Orchestra have been added to the Shortcuts section on the LAF Home Page. When using a desktop or laptop computer, the Shortcuts Section can be found on the right hand side of your screen. If you access the website on your phone, the shortcuts menu will appear right on the top of your phone screen.