Lake Victoria and Lake Tanganyika
Much needed sources of fresh water.
- Lake Victoria is the largest lake in Africa and the second largest freshwater lake in the world (Lake Superior is the largest).
- It is located in central Africa and extends into three countries: Tanzania, Uganda, and Kenya.
- White Nile begins here.
- Lake Victoria is vital in supporting the millions of people that live nearby.
- It provides a living for many fishermen and attracts millions of tourists each year.
- Lake Tanganyika is located in central Africa.
- It’s divided between Burundi, Congo, Tanzania, and Zambia.
- Lake Tanganyika is the deepest lake in Africa and one of the deepest in the world.
- It’s also one of the largest freshwater lakes in the world.