Raureka School Term 3 Week 3
Newsletter 11 August 2021
Kia ora koutou katoa, Talofa lava, Kia orana,
Wow our Pasifica group performed at the Toitoi Events Centre last Thursday and they were absolutely brilliant. The children were a credit to themselves and the school. I was so proud of them all. A huge congratulations to Mr Filipo and Caroline for organising our group for this fantastic event.
I would like like to congratulate Marilyn for getting up on stage and performing solo, in front of a packed centre. I was so impressed, and proud of you for getting up and doing this.
Everyone else in the building were really impressed with the performances put on by our Raureka students.
Our school production is well underway now and classes are starting to put their performances together. Our lead parts have been sorted and everyone is so excited about it and can't wait to see the finished show.
Raureka, My Home - Ko Raureka taku kainga is planned for the 28th September (last week of the term 3).
This will include all children and will be held at Toi Toi - The Hawkes Bay Arts and Events Centre. The teachers are busy planning this exciting event for our children.
Tickets will be sold for the event and they will be $10 each to cover the venue hire and use of sound equipment etc. Tickets will go on sale nearer the time.
Our Year 6 children will be spending the day at both Heretaunga Intermediate (Monday 16th August) and Hastings Intermediate (Monday 23rd August) so they can have a taster of what Intermediate will be like.
Our Juniors (Rm's 12,13, 14,15, 20, 21, 7 and 8) will have their Enduro Run is on next Monday 16th August at 9:15 a.m. This will be a fun event that is run entirely at school, you are most welcome to come and join in the fun.
Murray Gadd will be here next Thursday 19th August and parents are invited to come to school and find ways to help children write. This will start at 5:30 and finish at 6:30 p.m.
Hockey draw this week:
Raureka Tui play MKK at 9:30 on Field 1B
Raureka Kowhai play Poukawa at 10:20 on Field 1D
Please meet with your team at least 10 minutes before the game starts.
- Please remember that classes start at 8:55 a.m. each day and all children should be at school, unless they are sick, ready to start then.
- Children are required to wear our correct Raureka School uniform - no exceptions. Royal blue polo-shirt $30, royal blue polar-fleece $40 are both available from the office. Shorts, skorts, skirts, longs must be plain black and can be purchased in town.
- Please remember that in case of an emergency we need to have an up to date contact number for you and for your emergency contact person, also a current address - Please let the office know of any changes.
Last Term we put the following notice in our newsletter:
Raureka School Board of Trustees Casual Vacancy for a Parent representative
A casual vacancy has occurred on the school board for an elected parent representative. The board have decided to fill the vacancy by selection.
If 10% or more of eligible voters on the school roll ask the board, within 28 days of this notice being published, to hold a by-election to fill the vacancy, then a by-election will be held.
No requests for a by-election were received by 21 July.
At our August BOT meeting, held on 9 August the BOT have selected Stacey Tito to take this position.
Congratulations Stacey on now becoming a selected member of the BOT
Our four values are :
Respect/Whakaute, Responsibility/Haepapa, Resilience/Pakari, Relationships/Whanaungatanga.
This week we are focusing on - Relationships/Whanaungatanga, - which means, interacting in a caring, respectful way to develop positive connections.
Expected behaviour for this week: leading others by helping.
Our value for Week 2 was ...
Raureka Kowhai played Lucknow and won 6-0.
Players of the day were Riley and Olivia.
Raureka Tuis played Mahora and won 2-0.
Players of the day were Xavier and Freddie.
A Team played Parkvale and lost 36-19
Player of the day was Sone
B Team played Lucknow and drew
Player of the day was Drefan
Magics played Ebbett Park and won 6-4
Player of the day was Ryna Rhys
Force won by default
Rimu played Parkvale and won 3-0
Player of the day was Cooper
Totara played Parkvale and drew
Player of the day was Aaysia
Hello Room 15- what have you got to share with us this week?
Our favourite thing to measure was how long the classroom was.
Our Pacifica Performance
- Mon August 16 - Yr 6 Heretaunga Int visit
- Mon August 16 - Junior Enduro Run
- Tues August 17 - Ready for Raureka
- Thurs August 19 - Parent evening with Murray Gadd about Writing
- Mon August 23 - Yr 6 Hastings Int visit
- Wed August 25 - School Cross Country
- Fri 27 August Teacher Only Day- No School
- Tues August 31- Ready for Raureka
- Thurs 2 September - Barefoot 7's
- Wed 8 September- Yr 6 Tohea Trophy
- Tues 14 September Ready for Raureka
- Tues. 28 September - School Production - matinee & evening shows
- Last Day Term 3 - Fri. - October 1 Mufti Day (School Closes at 2.55)
- First Day Term 4 - Mon. - October 18 (School Opens at 8.55)
- Mon 22 Nov Teacher Only Day- No School
- Last Day of 2021 - Wed. Dec. 15 (School closes at 12.30)
School Uniform – this is compulsory. No exceptions.
All children are required to have the school royal blue polo-shirt, royal blue hat, and on colder days the royal blue polar fleece jersey. All of these are available at the school office.
The lower half of the uniform (short, longs, skorts, skirts) must be plain black and can be purchased in town No stripes, no flowers etc, can
be purchased in town.
· Do your child’s records need updating?
- moved house?
- phone/cellphone numbers changed?
- living arrangements changed?
- emergency contacts changed?
- medical details?
We often have a few ‘bugs’ around the school.
· A common one is a nasty cough/flu type illness. Keep your children home if they have symptoms of this as it spreads easily.
· If your child has had vomiting or diarrhoea, they MUST stay home for 2 days after the last event. This illness definitely spreads quickly around the school.
· Headlice are always around so make sure that you check your child’s hair regularly (we suggest weekly) and treat the hair if necessary. We have treatments available from school for free. Just pop in and we can give you some.
· If your child is at all unwell, please keep them home so that they don’t pass bugs on to other children. Also if a child is feeling unwell they are not able to learn easily and are much better off at home snuggled up in bed.
Don’t forget to contact the school office to let us know when your child is unwell please.
Volunteers needed for supervision of our school patrollers. The children are well trained, it is just a matter of having an adult supervise from 8.30-9.00. We need help on the following days - Front Gate: Wednesday, Friday, Back Gate: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday.
Ordering will be online this year.
These make fantastic Christmas Presents.