Final Edition for 2016-17 School Year!
Playing, Learning and Leading describes our year together!
Thank you families for playing with us this year as we educated your learners. The LiiNK project, MakerSpace in the library, STEM science experiments, Fund Run, Character Day, Carnival, Camp Learn-a-Lot, theme dress up days, Field Trips, Heart Friendly Fun, Tennis Camp and Open House Night: A Night at the Museum are all examples of how you have helped us play while promoting creativity, innovative thinking, problem solving skills and an active life style.
Students have enjoyed creating learning using digital software like Stop Motion, Mine Craft, Educreation, Kahoot, and Skype Business just to name a few. Be Vocabulous words, exploring Junior Achievement, Career Day and EME University in a Day, participating in UIL, Author Celebrations, Science & Social Studies Projects, Battle of the Books, Math Investigations, Physical Education, Music & Art, Science Lab and much, much more are all experiences which brought a plethora of advantages to each young person.
Leading as Eagle Ambassadors, Positive Eagles of Character, News Announcers on the EME Daily Morning News, performing during our musical performances, participating in Spelling Bees, Honor Choir, Reflection contests and Battle of the Books, and serving others through our EME’s monthly service projects fostered our culture of excellence throughout our world, community & school.
Thank you so much for joining us in promoting PLAYing, LEARNing, and LEADing every day!
My heart is full of love and happy memories with your children. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of their lives and education! I will forever be changed for the better!
Storm Warriors TV
Thank you PTA for funding our weather science exploration, Safe from Every Storm!
Spirit Night At Spring Creek BBQ
Thank you Spring Creek BBQ in Lake Worth and families for joining us for a fun night supporting the EME Science Lab!
WE LOVE OUR PTA!
Thank you PTA for treating the EME teachers and staff to such an amazing week full of so much appreciation!
Spirit Night At Spring Creek BBQ
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
Mom's and Gardening:
- May 5: 2: 40 PM
- May 5: Wear your favorite Baseball t-shirt/jersey "Eagles hit it out of the Park!"
- May 12: Wear your favorite SPORT t-shirt/jersey "Eagles sport the best!"
- May 19: Wear PURPLE in support of Cystic Fibrosis Awareness Week
- May 23-25: Wear your Field Day Shirt
- May 25: Dress up like your favorite Vocabulary Word- BE CREATIVE! Students will parade around the school!
STAAR: 3rd, 4th and 5th Graders
- May 8: Math Testing (3rd, 4th, and retesting for 5th)
- May 9: Reading Testing (3rd, 4th, and retesting for 5th)
- May 10: Science Testing (all 5th grade)
- May 11-12: Make-up Days (3rd, 4th, and 5th)
- May 12: LAST DAY TO CHECK OUT BOOKS
3rd Grade Kickball:
- May 15: 8:00 AM
- May 15: 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM
- May 16: 7:10 AM - 11:00 AM
- May 17: 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM
- May 18: 7:10 AM - 3:00 PM
- May 19: 7:30 AM- 11:00 AM (FINAL DAY)
Silent Auction Winners: May 17th
(More information will be sent home to winning parents)
- Principal for the Day
- Assistant Principal for the Day
- Office Secretary for the Day
- Librarian for the Day
- Computer Teacher for the Day
- PE Teacher for the Day
- Mrs. Beth for the Day
5th GRADE SERVICE PROJECT: JAR WARS
- May 15-19 :Cystic Fibrosis Awareness Week
- May 12: 5 - 8 PM at HCTC
Honor Choir (4th and 5th Grade):
- Rehearsals May 4 and May 11- 7:35 AM- 8:00 AM
- After School Rehearsals May 4 and May 11 - 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- NRH20 Competition - May 13 - 9:00 AM- 6:00 PM
- EME Honor Choir Concert - May 15 - 6:00 PM- 7:00 PM
- May 3: K-2 Tryouts 2:40 PM in Cafe
- May 4: 3-5 Tryouts 2:40 PM in Cafe
- May 16: K-5 Last Chance for Tryouts 2:40 in Cafe
- May 17: FULL DRESS REHEARSAL 2:40 PM (all grades) in Cafe
- May 19: TALENT SHOW 6:00 PM
- May 18: 6:30 PM at CTHS
Battle of the Books:
- May 18: Competition 3rd - 5th Grade- 8:00 AM - 11:55 AM
- May 22: Finals 3rd-5th Grade- 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- May 23: Kindergarten in AM and 2nd & 4th in PM
- May 24: 1st in AM and 3rd in PM
- May 25: 5th @ Boswell HS
EME UNIVERSITY DAY
- May 25 - K-4: ALL DAY
- May 26
- May 29
- May 24: Kindergarten Graduation 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- May 30: 1st Grade 8:30 AM - 9:30 AM
- May 30: 4th Grade 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
- May 31: 3rd Grade 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- May 31: 2nd Grade 1:30 PM- 2:30 PM
- June 1: 5th Grade BREAKFAST 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- June 1: 5th Grade 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
- June 1: 5th Grade Farewell Walk 10:00 AM
End of Year Parties:
- May 25: 5th Grade at Boswell Field
- June 1: K- 4th Grade 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
EARLY DISMISSAL - LAST DAY
- June 1: 11: 40 AM
Mrs. Hunter's Retirement Reception
- May 31: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
May 5 - LAST DAY
The EME Lost and Found will be donated on Friday, May 5th, to a local community center. PLEASE COME SEE IF ANY OF THESE LOST ITEMS BELONG IN YOUR HOME!
May 25 - Vocabulary Parade
Students dress up as their favorite Vocabulary Word.
Parade at 7:45 AM
Congratulations to Mrs. Ledbetter!
District Paraprofessional of the Year!