Tracking the Trojans!
Clawson Athletics updates - Oct 25, 2021
Athletes of the Week
Ava LaMotte - Senior, Varsity Volleyball
Ava, a 4-year varsity player, came off an injury to lead the defense in two impressive outings last week. In a back-and-forth thriller against Troy and a league-clinching win over Hazel Park, Ava tallied 26 serve receive, 11 digs, 2 kills and 1 assist last week. She has been a consistent presence in the back row all year from her libero position and will continue into district play next week.
Nick Lanfear - Senior, Varsity Soccer
As a 4-year varsity starter, Nick was an integral part of the boys’ soccer team success over the past four seasons. In the first round of districts against Center Line, Nick recorded a hat trick. He has played every position in the field this year and was successful at all of them. A strong defensive presence every night, Nick shut down Notre Dame Prep’s top scoring threat all night in the district final. A strong presence in the midfield all year, Nick’s leadership and tenacity on the field will be missed next year.
Football Playoff Tickets
We will host Almont HS on Friday Oct. 29 at 7pm at Clawson City Park.
Tickets are ONLINE ONLY - no tickets will be sold at the field. Tickets will be available today at 2pm on our GoFan site - https://gofan.co/app/school/MI9919
Winter Sports - Meet the Coach Night
Monday, Nov. 8th, 7:30pm
101 John M Avenue
Fall Sports Awards Night
Wednesday, Nov. 17th, 6:30pm
101 John M Avenue
- Ceremony will begin in the CHS Auditorium
- We will honor all of our athletes together before breaking off into different sports programs in various rooms.
Winter Sports - High School
Boys Basketball - Practice starts Nov 15! Sign up here if you missed the after-school meeting with Coach Stephan.
Girls Basketball - Practice starts Nov 8 - Sign up here if you missed the meeting during Seminar!
Competitive Cheer - practice starts Nov 8 - Sign up here
Wrestling - practice starts Nov 15 - Sign up here
Boys Swim - practice starts Nov 22 - Sign up here
Code of conduct
Pay to participate
in order to play sports!!
HS Competitive Cheer
High School Girls interested in participating on the CHS Competitive Cheer Team please attend a Meeting on Wednesday, November 3rd @ 5:00 pm in the CHS Media Center with Coach Reiter.
HS Boys Swim
Attention all High School Boys interested in Varsity Boys Swim please attend the Athlete & Parent Meeting on Tuesday, November 9th @ 6:00 pm at Lamphere High School Pool with Coach Sage
Winter Sports - Middle School
Make sure you have a current physical on file and you create a planeths account (details below)! Winter Sports offered at CMS include:
- Boys Basketball - open to 7th and 8th graders only - click here to fill out Boys Basketball Interest Survey if interested - season begins Nov 8!!
- Girls Basketball - open to 7th and 8th graders only - click here to fill out Girls Basketball Interest Survey if interested - season is Jan-March
- Wrestling - open to 6th, 7th and 8th graders - click here to fill out Wrestling Interest Survey if interested - season is Feb-March
- Competitive Cheer - open to 6th, 7th and 8th graders - click here to fill out Competitive Cheer Interest Survey if interested - season is Jan-March
Note: Students must be signed in to their school email in order to complete the Interest Survey!
All student-athletes in High School and Middle School must have the following in order to participate in athletics at CHS and CMS:
- Current Physical (dated on or after April 15, 2021)
- PlanetHS.com account (click here for video on how to do this)
- Athlete Code of Conduct (on PlanetHS.com)
- Pay to Participate
Please contact the Athletic Office if you have any questions - 248.655.4217