January 23, 2015
Due to the impending storm, ALL Saturday Activities CANCELLED!
- All Month --KP Challenge Wonder Read and Kindness Activities
- Penguin Plunge at Winding Trails in Farmington 9:00AM
- 8th Grade High School Elective Presentation during Learning Lab (1:20PM)
- Technology Tuesday --Parent/Guardian Tech Opportunity (see below)
- Hall 8th Grade Parent Orientation 7:00–8:30PM @ Hall
- Report Cards Distributed
No Twitter Account Required --Please enjoy our updates for the week.
On Sunday, January 25th, students and teachers from King Philip will be taking the Penguin Plunge at Winding Trails in Farmington! All money raised will benefit the Special Olympics of Connecticut. We invite all staff, students, parents and friends to join us! If you are interested in taking the Plunge, please email Ms. Pearson at firstname.lastname@example.org for registration information. If you would like to support our team, please visit http://soct.convio.net/goto/KPCares
Technology Tuesday --Parent/Guardian Social Media Opportunity --JANUARY 27, 2015
Tuesday, Jan. 27th, 6:30-8pm
King Philip --Room 224
You don't want to miss this Tech Tuesday Event! Please RSVP below.
6:30-7:15PM - How teens and adults are connecting in the 21st Century
- Come learn about a few Social Media Apps that students and adults use
7:15-8:00PM - It's Complicated book conversation part 3
- See 21st Century technology and the power of social media in action as we SKYPE with parents/guardians from a Francis Howell Middle School in O'Fallon, Missouri to discuss how they navigate the complicated world of social media with their teens. Even if you didn't read the book, this is a great opportunity to discuss teens and social media and connect and learn with and from other parents/guardians.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Attention 8th Grade Parents/Guardians: Hall High School cannot wait to meet you
Parent/Guardian orientation at Hall High School on Wednesday, January 28 from 7:00 to 8:30PM.
Please see last week's KP Connection for more information regarding the transition timeline.
KP Kindness Options (click here)
KP KINDNESS EVENTS
Join us at KP on February 6 - Bring a t-shirt and create your own Kindness T-Shirt from 2:00-3:30PM and 6:30-7:30PM. We recommend that a parent/guardian accompany a student. Please bring a nonperishable food item to be donated to the local food bank.
- Join us at KP on February 11 for Family Paint Night. KP's very own art teacher, Mrs. Grindle will host this creative evening from 6:30-8:30PM. There is a $15.00 charge per pair ($22 for three) for this event with proceeds going to the American Heart Association. Seating is limited to the first twenty-five people to register with payment. Students must be accompanied by an adult.
Help us evaluate the impact of our Kindness Challenge
- Submit them through our Kindness is Contagious form (click here)
- Have your child bring a completed Acts of Kindness form to his or her morning advisory each Friday (these forms will be distributed in MA) .
- Tweet in acts of kindness to @KPWHPS with the hashtag #KPKind
- Post on our KP Acts of Kindness electronic bulletin (click here) board where you can post pictures and text.
Thank you for supporting our efforts to cultivate a climate of Respect, Responsibility, and Good Citizenship where our Character Counts.
NEW CONTEST ADDED THIS WEEK!
Deadlines in Feb.
- Dream Big! for a chance to win a CHET 529 college savings account contribution. State Treasurer Denise L. Nappier has officially launched the 2015 Dream Big! Competition. CHET will award $44,000 to Connecticut students and new this year, eight schools will win $500! Materials can be downloaded at www.chetdreambig.com.