GREGORY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
BLUE & GOLD WEEKS
Week of 3/1: Blue
Week of 3/8: Gold
Week of 3/15: Blue
Week of 3/22: Gold
WEEKDAY FOOD DISTRIBUTION
Mondays & Wednesdays 11 am -2 pm
Each student receives two breakfast meals and two lunch meals.
WEEKEND FOOD DISTRIBUTION
Fridays 11-2 pm
Meals will be given for 3 days. (Friday, Saturday, & Sunday)
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
In an effort to continue to keep our morning announcements as similar as possible to how we would conduct them if we were all in school, I am calling upon all students in grades K-5 to lead our school in the flag salute. If your child is interested in leading the flag salute for our school, please send a recording of them reciting the Pledge of Allegiance in the same fashion as the students have done so far. Your kindergartener - 5th grader can do the pledge alone, with a family member, or even with a friend. Please send the video to me via email.
Typical Script: "Hi, My name is__________________from homeroom. Please stand for the flag salute.
(I always whisper count 1-2-3 with the kids because I remind them that we have to wait for everyone to stand up.)
Press this button to view Mrs. Donatiello's website.
LINKED BY LOVE
Linked by Love (or Kindness Unites) is a project organized by Kids for Peace, home to The Great Kindness Challenge. For this project, students around the world, including Gregory School, are invited to help create the world’s longest recycled paper chain. This chain will be made of paper links filled with messages of love, kindness, peace, and hope.
This unified masterPEACE will not only set a new Guinness World Record, but it will live on in hospitals, senior centers, schools, etc. to memorialize this extraordinary time and serve as a beautiful reminder that love and kindness connect us all.
Check out this video where Gregory Eagle Leader Henry describes Linked by Love and provides a tutorial on how to complete your link for the paper chain.
Gregory School will be participating in Moore Thanks from Monday, March 8th to Monday, March 15th. Please read the letters below to learn how it works.
As you may know, Moore Love has run the Pass it On program in the West Orange schools for many years, encouraging students to perform kind acts and log them on the Moore Love website (moore-love.org). While we aren’t able to run the program in its regular form this year, we still want to honor and celebrate kindness, especially in these challenging times!
This year, Moore Love is joining the West Orange school district and WOCAS (West Orange Cares About Schools) to create a letter-writing/ delivery campaign called Moore Thanks 2021 that will give students an opportunity to share kind words of thanks and encouragement with their wonderful teachers, counselors,
librarians, principals, bus drivers, crossing guards, administrators, custodians, and food service workers!
All in-person students will take their portraits in the morning, while at school.
All virtual-only students need to select a time slot using the Sign Up Genius link below.
Please Note: There will not be any class and/or group photos with the students. All class and group photos will be composite images of the students' portraits.
COHORT A: Tuesday, March 23rd
COHORT B: Wednesday, March 24th
ENTRANCE: Gymnasium Doors on Walker Road
Be on the lookout for news from Class Parents this month or join us at our March PTA meeting!
Topic: PTA General Mtg
Time: Mar 10, 2021 07:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 811 8892 0424
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,81188920424#,,,,*707173# US (Chicago)
+19292056099,,81188920424#,,,,*707173# US (New York)
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kpvPZF8mc
BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION
Gregory School earns free money (10 cents) for every Box Top!
1. Clip Box Tops from your favorite Box Top Products. An expiration date is on every box top so please make certain the box top hasn’t expired.
2. Send in the clipped Box Tops to your child’s teacher in a labeled plastic bag, envelope or on a collection sheet (please write the teacher's name on a bag/envelope/sheet.) OR
3. DOWNLOAD THE APP FROM boxtops4education.com shop as you would, then use the app to scan your store receipt within 14 days of purchase. The app will identify Box Tops products on your receipt and automatically credit your school’s earnings online. You can also receive exclusive coupons and learn about Box Tops Promotions & view list of participating products.
SHOPRITE FOR MY SCHOOL
1. Register your Price Plus® club card at ShopRiteForMySchool.com and select the school you wish to support with ShopRite For My School.
2. Shop for participating products at ShopRite® during advertised promotions using your Price Plus® club card.
3. Earnings are automatically credited to your school. Visit ShopRite For My School for new monthly offers.